V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All and Merry Christmas:
I finaly have the CLAMP COVER prototype done. Yes it will be chromed in the final release. I'm just checking for harmonics and such. Let me know what you think, good or bad.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmmmm.....have to see a better photo. Sorry, but at first glance it looks like high temp insullation tape.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tape!

Yes it is! The tape covers the raw sheet metal, maybe not the best choice!
The entire piece will be chrome after testing. here's another one.

·
Banned
914 Posts
I think that will look pretty cool when chromed Steve. Maybe the final product might have some kind of design or emblem on as well. Just a suggestion to improve the overall appearance of the clamp.

·
Registered
544 Posts
For a prototype that doesn't look bad at all, will the bottom one fit like the top one? It looks a little more snug.

I am sure the big question is how much would these run, any price range? And if chromed would they be able to be flexed to fit around the pipes without cracking the chrome finish?

Dave

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm diggin it Steve. In chrome it will blend nicely. Keep us/me posted on it and I'd like to see a finished one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
.....Just a suggestion....maybe beveled edges on both sides of the cover so it could actually "fit" into the clamp slot. Just a very tiny 1-2 mm height difference should do it. This way the covers would blend into the pipe a little better and not look as much like a patch. Hope you know what I mean, harder to descibe than draw!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm getting your sujestion! The problem I have had from the start of this project, was which line to follow? The center section or the muffler?! I'm going to pull the tape and try again. see what happens
Thanks for the input! Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts