·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, its funny... but ...

Why are bikes -particularly v-twins - the sudden target for noise pollution when there are other things out there that seem to be tolerated?

Let me think...

1. loud car stereos (thumpers and non thumpers, just as rude imho)
2. loud car pipes (mostly assciated with said thumpers, but not exclusive)
3. lawn mowers any time before 9 am or after 5 pm
4. leaf blowers (see time frame above)
5. .... I'm sure you all have plenty that can be added to the list

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
fxdwg2005 said:

Why are bikes -particularly v-twins - the sudden target for noise pollution when there are other things out there that seem to be tolerated?

Let me think...
Could it be that motorcyclists tend to be more "in your face" than other groups? :brows: I don't mean this in a negative connotation, but we certainly tend to be somewhat more visable. Even, dare I say it.... a bit more colorful? %[email protected] I haven't met too many scooter tramps be they "inlaw or outlaw" who don't mind a little attention. :whistle:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, all I know about anything is that my unit is quite large, so I'm assuming the video was TC88-rider specific. I'm gonna go get my flame suit now...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
fxdwg2005 said:
People like you bother me. Unless you have illegals to cut your grass its going to be after 5. Also maybe you need to get out of bed a little earlier.

I would say after 8am and before 9-10pm.

Are you in California?

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
?prty: Hey, WTF is with the small penis thing? I have a loud bike and a BIG penis, four inches of blue veined steel, baby!

Lefty

·
doof member
719 Posts
go to any McDonalds with an indoor playground on a saturday at lunch time. The shrill that comes from those kids is much worse than my bike. Any eye guess none of these folks crank their stereo or have been to a concert. Maybe outlaw jackhammers? This is [email protected]#king discrimination! The man keeping us down! LOL

Budking...OUT!:chopper:

·
Registered
344 Posts
berserker said:
People like you bother me. Unless you have illegals to cut your grass its going to be after 5. Also maybe you need to get out of bed a little earlier.

I would say after 8am and before 9-10pm.

Are you in California?
have you ever heard of the weekend? have you ever lived in a new development where property size is at a premium... and your neighbors lawn is between eight and 12 feet behind your house? Ever have and SOB neighbor that does cut his lawn at 9 or 10 with your bedroom just a few feet away?

Though I don't anymore, that is the hell I just moved from
My guess is you will say no to all these, or you would not have made that comment.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
fxdwg2005 said:
4. leaf blowers (see time frame above)
These are funny. You must be old and retired.

I try to be courteous to my neighbors and not crank any power equipment up before 8 AM. But as long as the sun is out in the afternoon, I feel its perfectly acceptable to use power equipment. And, I have things I have to get done and only so many hours to do them. If its a little inconvenient for the neighbors, so be it. I have a guy 2 doors down that is retired. He jokes about people making noise too early. I tell him to take a 2nd nap in the afternoon. :)

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
This whole issue is about consideration. I'm kind of an "after 9 am and before 8 pm" lawn mowing kinda guy - as in my neighborhood it's still fairly active that late in the summer.

On the scooter, I try not to fire it up early or come home too late. When I do either, I slip in or out quickly and keep the revs down. Coming home, I'll cut the engine and coast up the drive.

I regularly pass my house, then do a u-turn to get the mail. When I pull the U in evenings - I cut my lights momentarily so they don't shine in my neighbor's house.

I also pick up my dog's **** when I walk him and he goes on a lawn. I figure common courtesy and avoiding the perception of an "in your face" attitude just makes life easier. Good neighbors are golden and like most else - you have to give to receive.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sometimes people just jump on the bitching bandwagon, I own 2 Yamaha Waverunners and people bitch about them also, I ride and stay away from people but we all seem to get associated with the idiots that don't.
I personally don't know of anyone that would do that kind of sh*t in the vid, I'm not saying they aren't out there, just not the people I hang out with.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
fxdwg2005 said:

V-twins are popular now even with the Japanese bikes and represent the majority of bikes on the road and the ones most likely to run a loud exhaust or straight pipes. Besides, How many Goldwings do you see running straight pipes or any aftermarket exhaust for that matter?

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
BUDKING you are so right - the shrill of children in any family area (mall, McDonald's, wherever) have the same affect on my ears as standing next to a runway with a 747 taking off...

·
doof member
719 Posts
Low_Rider said:
BUDKING you are so right - the shrill of children in any family area (mall, McDonald's, wherever) have the same affect on my ears as standing next to a runway with a 747 taking off...

I hear ya! At least the 747 will be gone in a couple seconds!

My wife says when a Harley with good pipes goes by the house my ears perk like a dogs! LOL. That, my friend, is music to the ears.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ahh..you have to love the US. One minute they are patting patriot riders on the back...the next minute they are complaining the bikes they ride are too loud. And so it goes....

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
My wife says the same - Pavlov's dogs don't have anything on a motorcyclist. Every time you hear one (even if it's indoors) our ears point skyward, our mouths start salivating, and our eyes search out for that 2-wheeled engine.....

It's in our system.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts