V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I read this on another forum, hope it is not true.

Venezuela government is sole owner of Citgo gasoline company

Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
dusty67 said:
I believe I read this on another forum, hope it is not true.

Venezuela government is sole owner of Citgo gasoline company

Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."

Chavez is a radical, simple as that. No way could he ever "bring down" our government, although it seems like Bush is doing a good job of it all by himself but, I digress.

What amazes me is that we trade with Communist countries, China and Vietnam for example, without blinking an eye.

I'll buy the cheapest gas, and if that's Citgo, so be it.

By the way, last I heard, gas prices in Venezuela were $ .12 per gallon.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
dusty67 said:
I believe I read this on another forum, hope it is not true.

Venezuela government is sole owner of Citgo gasoline company

Venezuela Dictator Hugo Chavez has vowed to bring down the U.S. government. Chavez, president of Venezuela, told a TV audience: "Enough of imperialist aggression; we must tell the world: down with the U.S. empire. We have to bury imperialism this century."

How are you going to do that when history has shown we had imperialists since the begining of time?



{salute( :spank: {salute(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
~!Awesome! This is really old news as lots of others on this forum will attest to. Do a search. I don't mean to offend. A 'tech' on another forum opened a box of Syn 3 and it was all labled Citgo. What do you expect from the MoFoCo anywhoo??? All their motorclothes are made in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, China, anywhere but the USA. Won't be long and they'll be moving all operations overseas somewhere. Or at least building a new factory in some communist country. Back to the subject, use Amsoil.:yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
I just bought a BRAND NEW harley jacket, "basic skin/flag jkt", MADE IN USA

and the price ?

on sale for $au279, about $255 in US $$$

a real bargain, one of the best jackets i've seen in a long time

now just gotta ride the shine off



Krayven Sumhead said:
~!Awesome! This is really old news as lots of others on this forum will attest to. Do a search. I don't mean to offend. A 'tech' on another forum opened a box of Syn 3 and it was all labled Citgo. What do you expect from the MoFoCo anywhoo??? All their motorclothes are made in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, China, anywhere but the USA. Won't be long and they'll be moving all operations overseas somewhere. Or at least building a new factory in some communist country. Back to the subject, use Amsoil.:yes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
bonnie john said:
I just bought a BRAND NEW harley jacket, "basic skin/flag jkt", MADE IN USA

on sale for $au279, about $255 in US $$$

a real bargain, one of the best jackets i've seen in a long time
You actually found something made in the USA? Wow, we have a hard time finding that stuff here! Maybe we should shop there! :chopper:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
bonnie john said:
I just bought a BRAND NEW harley jacket, "basic skin/flag jkt", MADE IN USA

and the price ?

on sale for $au279, about $255 in US $$$

a real bargain, one of the best jackets i've seen in a long time

now just gotta ride the shine off
Don't be too surprised if it's actually made in China, shipped to the U.S. then to Australia. Do Aussie laws require actual country of origin?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
I am not completely sure, but the last I knew HD did not own a refinery. They are buying the oil where they get the best price I am sure
 

·
RAMOD
Joined
·
458 Posts
It's a shame when you have to search out items that are actually made here. Shop and any big-box (i.e. WalMart) and it is a safer bet the crap is imported.

Bonnie mentioned a recent jacket; his is sadly the exception at most places. I see a big difference in most stuff, that's why I search for quality items that employ folks here. That's just one reason I am proud to wear stuff from Fox Creek Leather.

Hugo Chavez can dry up and blow away for all I care and I don't give a rats azz if he gave away free oil. :spank:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
I would like to know if is it true or not?

Chavez is a third world dictator who has learned that if you throw a few bucks around you can win sentiment from the masses. Gee he sounds like a Democrat, but I digress... Right now his people are rioting in the streets because he wants to do away with the presidential term limits...

Chavez can be a threat to the US. I am sure President Ahmadinejad (his new Buddy) our hatching plans already....

I dont buy citgo gas I dont care if he gives it away for free. If HD buys their oil from them I wont buy that either. I wont buy from a country who's main goal in life is the overthrow of our Country.


Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
Oil of many different brands are made at one place. At the Shell refinery in Wilmington, Ca, they canned oil with many different labels as well as other refiners labels. In many areas of the country, the stations with one oil company's name may sell fuel from another refiner on contract. Unbranded fuel is usually right from a major's tanks.

When buying from a no-name station, the regular may be better, because all the better grades that don't make spec will be dumped in the unbranded tanks. If you have fuel injection, and use unbranded fuel, use the high grade, since most high grade has the cleaners in it.



There is a city in Japan named Usa, for the express reason to fool the customers. I don't know if they still have any manufacturing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
711 Posts
DLeppik said:
Chavez can be a threat to the US. I am sure President Ahmadinejad (his new Buddy) our hatching plans already....

I dont buy citgo gas I dont care if he gives it away for free. If HD buys their oil from them I wont buy that either. I wont buy from a country who's main goal in life is the overthrow of our Country.


Doug
Keep on buying that Iranian oil then. (My point is that you really don't know where the oil your gas is made of came from.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
hi steve

the label actually sez " MADE IN USA from imported materials "

i guess that they have to use leather that has been refined in other countries coz your EPA won't allow the chemicals or processes to be used in the US

i like it. it's black and shiny, like a jacket should be




nvsteve said:
Don't be too surprised if it's actually made in China, shipped to the U.S. then to Australia. Do Aussie laws require actual country of origin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
The US does not buy oil from Iran but it does end up on the world market and I am sure it finds its way here in one form or anohter. However I get your point..

I think Iran's days are numbered. I don't see Israel letting them get the nuke...

Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
~!Awesome! This is really old news as lots of others on this forum will attest to. Do a search. I don't mean to offend. A 'tech' on another forum opened a box of Syn 3 and it was all labled Citgo. What do you expect from the MoFoCo anywhoo??? All their motorclothes are made in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, China, anywhere but the USA. Won't be long and they'll be moving all operations overseas somewhere. Or at least building a new factory in some communist country. Back to the subject, use Amsoil.:yes:
i don't see how this differs from any other US company, they all fit the same mold ....
 

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
They import the whole jacket, already finished (except for one last zipper) made in a 3rd world country by slave children whom without the job would likely starve. An employee in the USA factory sews in the last zipper and presto, It's "MADE IN USA from imported materials "

There but for the grace of God go I. Born in the USA!

With knowledge comes responsibility. Lot's to think about huh?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
140 Posts
Buy Usa

it can be done. you don't have to have Harley Davidson on the jacket, pants, shirt. You can find it, there are products out there. I know there are a few things not available but do you really need them if so buy from the country you like the best. Just look at the label before you buy. Put your money where your mouth is. Some of you brothers "talk the walk but don't walk the talk" and you know who you are. Just how much of damn do you give. I'm not leaving out the/us drug users... ever wounder what wars and how much lives are wasted from just the revenue. 1711tab and others like him needs to keep putting pressure on us and we need to tell others where good usa products are avaiable. So when you go into your next hd shop or any other store and they don't have what you want from the usa, tell them you will back to buy from them when they do. ok i I will get off my box now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
DLeppik said:
The US does not buy oil from Iran but it does end up on the world market and I am sure it finds its way here in one form or anohter. However I get your point..

I think Iran's days are numbered. I don't see Israel letting them get the nuke...

Doug

@gree: Isreal should turn the tables and be done with Iran period.....


{salute( :spank: {salute(
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top