V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an occasion to reinstall my front pipe the other day and was introduced to the circa clip. What a piece of crap this thing looks like. I took it off and flattened it out and tried to close the gap a little, but just getting it on over the header flange opens it up wider than I would like.

The two ends seem to wander out just because they are not connected nor are they supported. So I got to thinking....

Wouldn't it be better to use two circa clips and rotate them so the open portions are opposite each other?

This is most likely not necessary, but thought it was worth asking. Is there a better clip out there? Amazing amateurs want to know.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I....put the flange on the pipe then work the clip onto the pipe,
then I push the clip into the grove in the flange working it in by
starting at one end of the clip and working around to the other end.
Never had a problem. :hmmm:

Barry

and yes it is a cheezy set up, but it works

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i do the same as barrygreen, but you can start the clip, walk it on a little and the get a pair of pliers and gently pull out and down to seat it. I may not be explaining right, but it works great and only take like 3 seconds to do them now...they should seat perfectly in the flange's groove other wise i would buy new ones....

·
Banned
154 Posts
get ya a set of snap ring pliers. they do the trick for opening the clips without warping them. if you really want to go custom on their a$$, drill a couple of small holes in the end of each side of the snap ring. Makes it even easier to use the snap ring pliers to open them, and does not effect the seal to the head in any way.

the right tool for the job, always get's it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.