V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put one on ? i was ready to order one from http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/kits.html they said lighter would not work in the bracket because the power outlets are more shallow and lighter would hit the heads.i like the location though. i will probably have to make my own bracket and have it cromed. any other ideas appreciated.im not set on locating it by the horn. thanks

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Any auto parts store and even HD sells lighter receptacles, put it wherever you want. Making a bracket should be easy enough, and cheaper than that one (and you can't use theirs for cigarette lighter). Is that what want it for anyway. If you want to be real cheap get one at a junkyard, wire and all (might even be able to use part of the dashboard for a bracket) .

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The original owner of my RK had one put on. It is on the left side under the seat just in front of the side covers. Most of the time I forget that it is there, but it comes in handy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finaly installed the lighter used a piece of alluminum angle cut and polished it and it took me less time to make than post this picture. I am not very computer literate. if you notice the head bolt cover came off i bought new ones and am going to locktight them back on.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I made a wiring harness similiar to the ones that go with a Battery Tender. I put it on the battery with a plug hanging out from under the seat. I took a lighter plug and put a 1 foot or so lead wire and other end of the plug on it. I can plug it in and put the lighter in my saddlebag. Great for cellphones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts