V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do I install a 12v charger so I can charge up my GPS unit on my fat boy?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Auto Zone

I put a cigarette lighter on my Heritage. I bought one from Auto Zone with the spring clamps on the end, cut the clamps off and wired it direct.
Hot wire to battery and ground to the ground post. I let it hang out under the side of the seat and put a rubber stopper in it when not in use. Never had a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I've got the battery tender pigtail on my bike. You can go to NAPA and buy a male pigtail that plugs into it. I did this and made the male pigtail up to a cigarette lighter. I carry the extension device in my tool bag and use it when I need to charge my cell phone.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
SHEP said:
I put a cigarette lighter on my Heritage. I bought one from Auto Zone with the spring clamps on the end, cut the clamps off and wired it direct.
Hot wire to battery and ground to the ground post. I let it hang out under the side of the seat and put a rubber stopper in it when not in use. Never had a problem with it.
Same here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to autozone and bought a weatherproof lighter socket, but I connected it to a 10amp fuse and then straight to the battery. Much safer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts