V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a good comparison after going from stock bars on their E-Glide to the Chubby 575's. I know what the web site says and what the measurements of the bars are. I would like to know how much of a difference they make and where exactly your hands/grips are in comparison to the stock bars? Thanks for any info................

·
Registered
417 Posts
Gliderman,

Have 575s on my '05 Ultra, picture attached. Stock bars made me (at 5'8") have to reach too far forward and down, and I felt they should be a little wider. Stock bars made my back hurt.

The 575s are wider, have greater rise, and more pullback, resulting in a more natural riding position and laid back position (for me). They make a significant difference in comfort - I love 'em. The wider bars made me reacclimate myself to low-speed parking lot maneuvers with this bike, as it will handle a little differently during slow-turning, but no biggie. They look pretty good too.

Had to put a new 2-piece handlebar clamp on because the bars are fatter than stock, and I also put on a longer clutch cable and longer, braided stainless brake lines.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GLIDEMONKEY:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I am not a premium subscriber to VTF, so I can't view your attachment but I'm sure they look good. More important to me is your description of how they fit/feel as one can look at bars but not know how they actually feel to a rider. I'm about 6' tall, with a 34/35" reach, so the 575's sound like the ticket for me. I assume that they will keep your hands mostly behind the fairing? Thanks again for your reply..............

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes - hands are still behind the fairing. On the Wild 1's website you can look at a picture or two of e-glides with 575s to get a look at the positioning (though that won't necessarily help you get a true feel for them). I spoke with one of the owners, who is a little over 6', before I got mine last summer, and he runs the 575s on his e-glide. You're going to notice a big difference (a good one). I sat on a buddy's e-glide last week (that has stock bars) and it reminded me right away of why I switched.

The stock bars work great for a lot of people. But I've always liked bars that come back to me and that are nice and wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts