V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sent my deuce pulley to ChromeThatHog. CTH emailed me they received pulley and payment 30Nov. My order was to chrome and return my pulley. Six weeks and still waiting. No word from CTH. I have emailed them asking for a status of my order twice. No response.

Deucer54

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
Deucer54 said:
Sent my deuce pulley to ChromeThatHog. CTH emailed me they received pulley and payment 30Nov. My order was to chrome and return my pulley. Six weeks and still waiting. No word from CTH. I have emailed them asking for a status of my order twice. No response.

Deucer54
Then call them and ask. 6 weeks isn't an unreasonable time to get parts chromed. Did you ask them what the turn around time was?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to their website turn-around is two weeks. They have no phone number. I know two people who used them (for exchange not turn-around) and were okay with it and liked the finished product. Earlier threads on VTF warned of lousy (no) customer service (ie. no warranty, no phone, etc). Their price is right......... but

Deucer54

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
Others have said CTH was lame, others were satisfied. As well as some of the other outfits that advertise in the biker network. I've always used the locals here in the Bay Area that specialize in the different platings, finishes, and coatings and not just specifically for bike parts. They say if it fits in their tanks, they'll do it, and if you have several pieces, they'll apply a lot charge for all pieces. Turnaround is usally 1 to 2 days max from my experience.
I have never ever had a problem with quality as long as you specifically specify what you want done, i.e. chrome, nickel plating, black oxide, anodizing, powder coatings, primering, beadblasting, and amount of coats, etc. A good example to pay attention to is do they plug tapped holes before any work, or if you specify coating thickness, will your tolerances (especially in machined parts) still be in check.
Those exchange places are chancey and you wont know the quality until close inspection at home or months down the road, or should I say miles down the road. Sight unseen transactions or verbal agreements are always gonna sting ya. You're not offending anyone, vendors appreciate clear and documented communication, it protects both of you.
Another thought, many outfits had delayed deliveries and completed work performed due to the holidays.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
google for chromemasters. we use them exclusively. very good work and quick!

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
I've always found the end of the year to be the absolute worst time to try to get anything done. The holidays slow things down considerably, things get backed up.

I'd keep up the email campaign, but I'd also try calling every day until reaching someone.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
I used them and had no problem. They were really nice. I suggest calling them and asking. I believe my turnaround time was around 3 weeks.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I've bought two Deuce Wheels, two pulleys, a swingarm, and a set of forward controls from them. Their customer service sucks but the quality of their work is pretty good.
You just have to be very, very, very, very patient.

Job

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I can't find a number to call them......... none listed on their website........

Well....... found the number and called. Very polite, said they would get it out today whatever the problem. Thanks for the input(s). Will post again when I receive my pulley.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Word locally is to stay away from them. Seems they have the chroming down south of the border where enviormental concerns aren't so strict and labor is cheap.
I've stopped in but wasn't inpressed so have used only Meclec in Fresno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts