V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find chrome wheels for my V-Rod. My dealer says he can exchange the stock wheels for chrome at a cost of $900 each plus labor. Sounds very expensive to me. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bermuda,

Do a yahoo search for rowe machine, they will mill slots in ur wheels and chrome for cheaper than that if I remember correctly. Also, Arlen Ness is coming out in January with a hub which allows any of their current billet wheels to be installed on a VROD. Also PM has wheels for VROD but they are rather expensive.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Chrome Wheels Exchange

bermuda said:
My dealer says he can exchange the stock wheels for chrome at a cost of $900 each plus labor.
$900.00 each wheel??? sounds like highway robbery bermuda.

My dealer offers a chrome exchange that I took advantage of when I ordered my bike.
The total package was $800.00.
I think it really makes a big impact on the bike and it sure cuts down on maintenance.

2 wheels
3 brake rotors
1 rear pulley
misc fasteners

$800.00 exchange

McGuire Harley-Davidson/Buell
1425 Parkside Drive
Walnut Creek, CA, USA 94596
(925)945-6500
(925)945-6584 (fax)
http://www.mcguire-hd.com

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rhauft & VA Rrod
Thanks for the info. I just spoke to McGuire H-D. They exchange for $550 each wheel now and the guy didn't know anything about the brake routers, rear pulley and fastners. He thought you only get the bare wheel back and the other stuff is a seperate deal. I'm going to keep an eye on the e-bay wheels and see what kind of price they get up to.
Any other information is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Bermuda
If you would like me to perform a little arm-twisting, I'm sure I can work on that number for you. Seems very high compared to the package I got from them last Feb. They told me back then that the margins were very thin and they couldn't extend me the 20% discount I received on the rest of my accessories. I guess they've fixed those margins for now. Let me know if I can help if you decide to go that rout.

speed safely

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer of assistance and the info.
I think I'm going to see what kind of price the wheels on e-bay go for and then decide which way to go.

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts