V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there found a decent looking solid front wheel for the Heritage? Would love to mount one of the thunderstars but the price scares me to death. Need something a little less than $800 per wheel. Any ideas guys or gals?

Tom:rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GB, you've seen Thunderstar wheels on Ebay? What are they running?

Tom

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoa, $500 for a TS chrome wheel? Now that I can work with, will check it out tadams, thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
what do yall think about the new three spoke thunderstars?..and anyone out ther ever send in your factory wheels for polishing?let me know price..quality..time

·
Registered
94 Posts
flstflee said:
what do yall think about the new three spoke thunderstars?..and anyone out ther ever send in your factory wheels for polishing?let me know price..quality..time
Detonator™ Custom Three Spoke Wheel?

16", chrome, and forged, not cast like Thunderstars?

Fits '00-later Touring models.

P/N# 44552-03

MSRP US $999.95

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa, just what we need a $1000.00 wheel. I know forged is better than cast, but jezzzz, those costs are phohited alone. Guess I'll wait till they become available on ebay LOL.

Tom

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Tom, I've seen several thunderstars on E Bay. Black, Chrome, and "Full Chrome". I've never verified the final price so don't know for sure, stuff like this, if new or very close to new, can go for 60-70% of MSRP, sometimes a little lower (many of these wheels were advertised as "new in the box".

I think I now want 18" wheels, saw a set on a road king and really look good, kinda like the difference on a car (from 16" to 18"). PM makes some pretty wheels, but full list $ is high. I suspect, like everything, one could shop around and get 20% or so off, if you really tried.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks GB, I will certianly do some shopping around. I recently went to the fat boy style rear wheel due to some problems I had a with a flat. Had a compressor with me and inflated the tire, rode a while, re-inflated, rode to the nearest dealer. It was a Honda place and they sold me a new tire (old one was getting bare) and installed at a good price, but on the way home the bike was squirrley. Found later that the spoked wheels will have problems with loose spokes if run low of air, and the place that replaced the tire did not true the wheel. They corrected their mistake, at no charge, but told me the regular charge was $104.00 for truing the wheel, and that it was a normal thing to have to do that after a flat. Seeing how a tire change costs $130 or so plus a wheel to be retrued @ $104, that would be $234 for tire change IF you had to run on a low tire some. A solid tire or cast/forged spoke allows you to run a tubless and prevents the spoke problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most of the Thunderstars on E-Bay run 300-400. There are alot of the chrome ones. Not many of the high polish chrome or black ones, but they come up from time to time. I have been looking for a Black one for 6mo., finally bought a new one when the stealer had a 20% sale.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9x23,
Let me know how you like the black thunderstar. I've had serveral people I know, three, that got it then got the chrome one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like it. I'm not the guy thats into polishing the bike on my days off, I want to be riding. Thats why I chose the NightTrain. I put a little chrome on the bike to offset the black features. If they came out with a polished chrome wheel with black highlights I would concider it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roger that Polishing the bike on days off. When I get off its already dark with this darn time change. I try to keep my bike looking good, but not over riding, I will ride it needing a wash LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts