V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm in the right forum:

My '03 VRod (with 1000 miles on it) has a couple of issues which I intend to have the dealer address at the checkup. Just looking to find out if these are common problems:

Fork lock - never worked, can't trun the key more than a 1/4 turn without fear of breaking something... (saw the other thread on this subject)

Chromed trim around the radiator is separating from the main assembly. Esentially when I picked up the bike there was no gap, now it's up to ~ 1/8". I expect the dealer can fix it, but I did not see anywhere to tighen up the fit. It is happening on both sides. Has anyone else noticed this? It isn't a functional problem yet (no rattle) but it makes the bike look cheap!

Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's definately two I've never had or heard of yet.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My forklock was the same way....the dealer was able to set it after working it for some time.

I also noticed the radiator gills stick away from the radiator a little more than they should...but this was after 9k miles.

Your dealer shouldn't have a problem fixing both.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My forklock was the same, felt like I just might break something trying to lock it. I sprayed some lubricant (some teflon based product I have, cannot remember name off hand) in key insert and a bit of a shot on pin. beneath upper tree, then worked it while very slightly wiggling bars, to help pin insert. Wiggling bars ever sightly was the key to sucess with mine. After doing this procedure, it got easier each time, it now works fine. My guess is pin hole is sized just right and powdercoating, or slight missalignment causes the problem.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Damn forklock is frankly a piece of junk and should have gone the way of the panhead. years ago anyway. I ended up using graphite on it and it's better, but willy g. must have got a hell of a deal on these pieces of crap from some 5th world nation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts