V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In disguise
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about before but I haven't seen anything lately. I'm planning on having a front wheel hub chromed (aluminum billet now) and I know about Brown's Plating in Kentucky and Southern Plating Services in Florida (close to me). They want close to the same price for my job. SPS claims a three-step process whereas Brown's is (I think) two-step.

Any comments/experiences with either of these shops? Are there any other chromers out there I should consider?

This hub is going to be laced with stainless spokes to a new rim--real pain in the butt to dismantle and re-do if the chrome peels/bubbles/pits, so I'm looking for quality.

Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I have used Brown's and their workmanship is exellent. I sent in some parts and Ronnie Brown gave me a call several times to tell me of some cracks (old parts). He even emailed photos to me so I could decide to procede or not. I thought that was pretty cool considering that they could have just plated over it and you would maybe find out about it later when it's too late. All in all I would recommend Brown's.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Chrome

We've used Brown's for over 20 years. Top shelf.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can someone post some contact info on Brown's? I want to have my FLHT engine covers done this winter.

Since they come highly recommended I'd rather just use them than try to find someone local who may be no good.

Thanks,
Budman

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Chipmaker has a great suggestion....Chromemasters is great, but expect a long downtime during the "season". I had dealt with them a lot over the last couple years. Always been great, but a tad long to get stuff done.

With that said, have recently switched to browns and i am just as happy. LESS downtime and same great quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts