V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just an opinion question to pick your brains..........i have an 03 standard just started customizing it... got most of the motor chrome starting to look nice,,,,its vivid black..with black and chrome lindbar..was thinking of black powder coating the fork sliders and getting chrome disc rims with crome rivots......or going chrome legs with powdercoated black disc rims with chrome rivots or all black rivots...which setup looks hot in your opinions??? just looking for opinions........

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
This one got every thing done in black. 14 pieces done in black powder only cost 350 bucks. It turned out as slick as paint.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I like that blacked out look. My dealer has a vivid black Street Glide with a blacked out front end, handlebars, hand controls and it looks very nice. Powder Coat if done properly will hold up very well too.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I vote for black but I'm partial.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Do a search for the user Ironrdr. View his profile. He has a EG with the blacked out front end and the FatBoy front fender. Really nice looking setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I coated my wheels, rear pulley, fender struts, and saddlebag hardware. Future plans for black lower legs, and wrinkle on the whole motor / trans / primary like a night train.

·
Registered
422 Posts
When in doubt, black it out, chrome is for kids

Send me an email address and I will send you some pics of my blacked out turbo Road King. [email protected] put "Road King Pics" on the subject line Friday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts