V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or is the chrome debris deflector a floppy piece of crap? Just took it out of the box and put it on. I can't believe I paid fifty plus bucks for this piece of ****. Why don't they use the forward hole, or do I have the wrong thing? Dealer says it's the right one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What bike are you trying to put it on?
I put one on a Sportster and on my Roadglide.
They both fit fine.

By the way..... It's designed to go over the existing plastic gaurd on both these models.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Retired
1,836 Posts
Thanks,I needed that:roflback:
Not that I've done anything like that.:whatever:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like the farmer and the chain saw story to me.^rolleyez^
For those unfamiliar, It goes something like:
Saleman sells a farmer a chainsaw telling him: "This'll cut those trees alot faster that that ax you've been using." Farmer works ALL day on one tree, takes the chainsaw back and says: "This things no good, I worked my a$$ off on only one tree." The salesman, puzzled, takes the saw and starts it up to check it out. The Farmer exclaims: "Whats that noise?":duh?:

We've all done stupid things. Some of us are just lucky to have NOT posted it on the internet. :roflback:

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
I changed a water pump on a 92 Taurus. Not hard to do, but you cant remove or put the pully on while its on the car.

Guess how many times that pump came on and off that day?

Once for the pully.
Once for the second new gasket.
Once for the third new gasket with permatex.
Once for the foruth new gasket with permatex and the pulley!

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the other dumb thing I did while buying the automatic primary adjuster was to tell the guy I didn't need a derby cover gasket. After all, I was taking the whole primary cover off, so why bother taking the derby cover off. I wanted to smack myself in the head when I got to thinking about how I was going to get oil back in there... and the dealer was closed. Guess I could have used the old one until I got a new one, but figured I'd wait just to punish myself.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
jrehm said:
Well, the other dumb thing I did while buying the automatic primary adjuster was to tell the guy I didn't need a derby cover gasket. After all, I was taking the whole primary cover off, so why bother taking the derby cover off. I wanted to smack myself in the head when I got to thinking about how I was going to get oil back in there... and the dealer was closed. Guess I could have used the old one until I got a new one, but figured I'd wait just to punish myself.
I've been using the same derby cover gasket for 6 years...

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me, it isn't as floppy when it covers the existing one. :dunno:

I still think it's a overpriced for what it is, but then again, what HD part isn't?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hey Jrehm,
What part of Dutchess are you in? I grew up in Westchester...Peekskill to be exact before moving to Ft.Lauderdale.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wappingers. Lived in Valhalla for about 3 years and got tired of the traffic, taxes and pompous attitudes. Sold the house and got a condo in Peekskill. Decided I didn't like condo living and all the bs restrictions that went with it, so bought a house in Wappingers. Now all the pompous attitudes are moving up here. Think I need to crash land on an island where all I have to worry about is evil smoke and pressing the button now and then.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
jrehm said:
Wappingers. Lived in Valhalla for about 3 years and got tired of the traffic, taxes and pompous attitudes. Sold the house and got a condo in Peekskill. Decided I didn't like condo living and all the bs restrictions that went with it, so bought a house in Wappingers. Now all the pompous attitudes are moving up here. Think I need to crash land on an island where all I have to worry about is evil smoke and pressing the button now and then.
Went to school in Valhalla at Westchester Community...small world huh? Can relate to the attitudes...my island hopefully will be Arizona in 2yrs. Take Care...Ride Safe...FFB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.