V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 RKC doesn't have an option from harley for the factory chromed inner primary cover. Thus, I've looking around and found only the Kuryaken cover. It's kinda' decrative and I'd prefer something smooth. Does anyone know of one?

I just replced my inner primary seal and would've sent it out, but it would've taken too long. The dealerhsip could'nt hold my bike in the shop for 2 weeks...

Bucket..

·
Registered
977 Posts
Instead of the inner primary cover, why not go with HD's new chrome inner primary?

It's more expensive, but well worth the money when you have it installed. I have one on my '02 Ultra and it really sets off the left side of the bike quite nicely.

This photo shows some new Rivco Products air horns I recently installed on the Ultra, but it also shows the chrome inner primary.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ANOTHER picture of "Sir Chrome - the White Knight!"

Dave, if you're coming up here for a big-bore job the head bolt covers have got to go! They can be a real SOB to remove/install. I know, I've got them too. lOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaveT - Sweet bike from what I can see. As I stated in my original message - HD "Dosen't make a chromed factory replacement" for my 2000. HD only began that for '02 and newer...Thus, my question...

Thanks though...

Bucket...

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
OK guys, just remember, CHROME don't get you home. Black is better, Black it out.:D :D

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Buckethead said:
DaveT - Sweet bike from what I can see. As I stated in my original message - HD "Dosen't make a chromed factory replacement" for my 2000. HD only began that for '02 and newer...Thus, my question...

Thanks though...

Bucket...
I don't know about the '00 and back, but my '01 RC has a chrome inner primary and it's not a cover. Installed by first owner so I can't comment about the origin.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Buckethead said:
. HD only began that for '02 and newer...Thus, my question...
01 and later......60739-01

·
: Þ
341 Posts
Love the chrome. I feel you can never have too much. Well....maybe when I chrome my garage floor, thats too much.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Buckethead said:

Thanks though...

Bucket...
Sorry Buckethead, I was not aware of that... thanks for the info. Hope you are successful in finding what you are looking for.

I agree that "chrome won't get you home"..... but ya'll look damn good when you're sitting on the side of the road !!! LOL !!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL....yup while I'm waiting for the tow truck I can marvel at the shine...

Well maybe later on I'll pull it off and send it out...

Thanks....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts