V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Frequent lurker, first post.....

I have a 99 Road King and want to replace the inner primary with a full chrome one.

According to the parts manager at my local HD, the only one they make is for 2001 and newer bikes.

So....Is there anyone that manufactures one for a 99? My motor has the "zerk" fitting to grease the shift lever.

I can go with the Kuryakyn cover, but I would really prefer the full chrome inner, if one is out there.

Thanks,

Kevin
Marietta, GA

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
You can try an aftermarket dealer (indy shop) and see if one is made or you can wait until next winter and have yours removed and sent out for chrome. You can also check your dealer and see if it was ever available from HD and then ask them to do a dealer search and see if anyone still has one in stock.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Find an H-D dealer that does business with Brown's Plating. They have an exchange program. The dealer sends them your inner primary and they send a chrome one to your dealer. H-D does not make one for the first 2 years of the twin cam.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Also, there is always the Kuryakyn inner primary cover. It doesn't look as good as a chrome inner primary, but it looks better than a bike without it.

Mine had it on there when I bought. I took it off once and thought it looked like crap without it. I almost bought the chrome inner primary but didn't feel like ripping the whole primary apart to do it. Just lazy I guess. :)

You can see the Kuryakyn one if you hit the link in my Signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts