V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the aftermarket chrome handlebar controls good quality? Any specific manufacturer recommendation?
I seem to remember a few grumbles about fitment problems.
They are certainly cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
55 Posts
no no no no no no and noooo.... yea they are cheaper but a bud and i run a small shop and they dont fit correctly and we keep seeing very poor quality chrome(bubbles,chips ect.)after a while go with moco and youll have recourse if problems arise but its your money.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Check out chrome luster in CA he runs a add in a few magazines. You send him your stuff he chomes it. All the controls for less than $200.

I sent him mine they are very nice , I did have to clear out a few holes with a small tap a few small piece of crap in the holes, nothing I don't have to to do with factory HD stuff as well. Finish is great no problems. He will do levers and your hardware, you have to take apart the master simple to do.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
orangebike, strange thing, I have bought 3 over the past couple of years. They all still look like new. They fit just like the stock stuff. Maybe your supplier has worse stuff than the supplier I've been using.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

I bought these Switch Housings from this same guy in e-bay, chroming is good, fitment is good, no different to OEM cept for the thumb screw.
Shipped to the UK in less than a week, dealt with them a few times now. NO problems.
Click HERE for a link.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've used Custom Chrome part # 23-250 (number varies with master cylinder bore size). This producrt includes switch covers, brackets and levers,,,,CC lists at $270.99...gopartsdirect.com wil do it for $207.00. Nice fit and quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.