V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TL
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do a search on this but it has been failing for the past week or so. I am considering the chrome front end kit on my Heritage this winter. Some of the local dealers start running specials on them this time of year.

Any advice, guidance, experiences related to this? Are the pieces on the back side (where light switch is) included in the kit? Any issues with the windshield brackets?

Thanks for any insights.
TL

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I've done it. You can get the headlight tins(including pieces where switches are) and upper fork covers from Jireh Cycles for less than half of what the MoCo wants for them.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
If you have a good chrome shop in your area, you can have your lowers done.

I did this and saved big$$$$.

Get the manual for the change out.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I did it on my Heritage and love it. Only thing I did different was to use the Fork Cover sold for the Deluxe. And yes everything is chrome even the back piece you mention.
No Complaints

·
Registered
36 Posts
Custom Chrome & Ebay Sliders

Got the tin kit from custom chrome - lot cheaper and looks just as good. 5 peice kit - front, backs, and 2 cowbells. Only difference is when dealer installed them they had to drill a hole for toggle - that's how they new they were not motoco. Got the lower sliders off ebay - I see them posted on there quite a bit. Someone buys original, chromes them and sell them. Mine look good and no problems with chrome. Only thing I would do different now would be use my shop manual and change myself. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts