V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Harley offers a solid chrome Fatboy wheel for a 2002? The only ones I have seen still have the rough cast centers.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Send yours off and get them smoothed and chromed. Got a buddy who just got a set back last week. Look like mirrors. Cost $500.00 for the pair.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can check THISout.

I don't know of H-D offering any chrome Fat Boy wheels, "not sure why looks like there's money to be made there..

Indy shop by my house sells them for $250 ea.with exchange.

You might look for some one who knows a GOOD company, has had this done, and has some miles on the wheels.
Some plating companys do not do quality work in comparison to the H-D chrome

Sin

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harley shows a chrome wheel but the center is still cast (below). As for sending them out to be plated that is fine but I don't really know anyone that has had this done and how they held up in the long run. Chromethathog has good prices but their lack of warranty leaves me wondering--sure they may look good the day I get them but what about a year or two from now--there's another thread on that discusses them with mixed opinions. Anyone know of another place I could at least consider using?
Thanks

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...SSORTMENT<>ast_id=5864303&bmUID=1042080488750

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh..Yea.. That's what I'm talkin about .. That looks geat ! :)

Is that the one your Bro had done ? Just wonderin what it cost to have them mounted and installed.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
It cost 20 bucks to have the bearings pressed back in and the tires mounted. That's 20 total for both wheels. Did the installation at home. The same buddy has an 03 Electra Glide Standard. He will be sending those off to be polished and chromed in a week or two.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
No, I have to get back to you on where those came from. My buddy looked at chromethathog, but decided against them for some reason or another.

·
Registered
278 Posts
the calchrome one's, are they triple plated like chromethathog?....
they want 275 a wheel plus 25 each for shipping.
i would like to save 50 bucks...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's another link. http://excaliberpolishing.com/

Just sent them my V-ROD wheels, and a bunch of other parts.
Don’t know anyone who has tried them.
There prices are the best and its triple plating.
I decided to give them a try.
I’ll post results in a few weeks.

Larry

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am probably in the minority here but I like the raw look of the stock Fatboy wheels. To me, that is part of what makes the bike a Fatboy. If I was going to change the wheels on a Softail I would probably buy the Heritage Softail instead of the Fatboy to begin with. The i would put the aftermarket wheels on that bike.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am getting the inside rough cast machined out to match the rest of the finished part of the wheel. $150 per wheel. Will post pics next week. Seems like no one wanted to do this or knew anyone who would do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts