V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I say give them a shot. The pic is not that large, but looks okay. As long as the quality is good then it doesn't matter if its an HD part or not.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
They aren't too bad. I'd get em again. I had them on my last bike. The master cylinder is a little different but they get the job done. The chrome isn't bad and they aren't plastic so you really can't go wrong.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
There's always eBay.........

IF you are swapping handlebars and require a longer wiring harness and would like chrome switches as well, check out this store on ebay.

It has the best pictures, best package, best price, best description of anything I have ever seen on eBay, especially chrome controls

The switch covers are the smooth top type with the 2 mounting screws coming from below, sweet.

Seller: kikstart2

Store: kikstart 2 parts for U

Item number: 4621638968 shows one configuration, others available

Not for everybody, but may help some

:)

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The_Snowman said:
IF you are swapping handlebars and require a longer wiring harness and would like chrome switches as well, check out this store on ebay.

It has the best pictures, best package, best price, best description of anything I have ever seen on eBay, especially chrome controls

The switch covers are the smooth top type with the 2 mounting screws coming from below, sweet.

Seller: kikstart2

Store: kikstart 2 parts for U

Item number: 4621638968 shows one configuration, others available

Not for everybody, but may help some

Looks like a decent kit, especially with the extra wire.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just place the order for the ones on eBay, so we'll see the quality when they show up.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Thanks, let us know...........

jrehm said:
Just place the order for the ones on eBay, so we'll see the quality when they show up.
.......how they look...................BUT.......... I'm putting in for commission, this is the second spin off sale since I found them and I have not even ordered for myself yet. A friend is travelling to {salute( in April so I will not see mine until nearly May.

Looking forward to your reveiw, jrehm, thanks, John

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe they will give you a commission... never know. I will say this. If first impressions are anything, they have my vote for best seller I've dealt with this year. Within 30 minutes of placing the order I received an email directly from them asking for shipping info and about an hour after that I got a phone call to verify whether I had single or dual discs. About another hour later I got an email saying the order shipped. AND, about 5 minutes after this I got another email telling me they were refunding part of the shipping costs because they happen to have a flat rate box to ship in and the shipping would be less. Been a long time since I've see this.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just realized something. I should have gone with the larger master cylinder so when I switch to dual discs I would be ready.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True, but it was the same price for either with the controls. Guess I could send these back and reorder, but since I'm one of those people that sits at the door waiting for stuff I order like a dog waiting for a familiar face, I'll probably end up installing it anyway and worrying about it later. Depends on the weather.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I just ordered mine...I'm allready at the door...waiting...
:thanks: @ The_Snowman.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got home and found a slip in the door. The stuff came today, but they didn't leave it. Gotta go to the post office to pick it up. Trouble is, I won't around to pick it up tomorrow.

DAMN DAMN DAMN :crying:

I did get my throttle rocker today though. That's exciting. :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked them up at the post office today on the way out of town. They look pretty good except for a few minor pits in obscure places that you would probably never notice. Also, the master cylinder cover gasket was pinched between the cap and reservoir. Haven't looked at the HD variety to see how they stack up, but for the price these are pretty decent quality.

Who knows, they very well may be actual HD controls with minor blemishes that the factory is selling in lots. They aren't quite show quality, but you would be hard pressed to see the flaws in them unless you looked very, very closely. Not bad at all for the price and top picks would have pits and scratches from crap hitting them within a week or two anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stand by on this... finding some imperfections after mounting and wiping them down that I don't think I can let go.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
jrehm,

sorry to hear they are not working out. I talked to a lot of people with the ebay controls, and most were not happy. Maybe cyclesuppywv might be a low cost option. I know the HD controls are expensive, but I have not heard of too many with quality problems.
I decided to go with HD chrome controls from zanotti's.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What did it set you back for everything? I'm contemplating sending these back and just fessing up the extra bucks for the HD controls. I may keep the black switch caps for now since I'm not changing out the cables. Keeps things in balance a little. Once I go with braided I'll change the caps also.

I did find out these are HD clones from overseas someplace. They are definately not the quality of the originals, but would be adequate if they didn't have the finish issues. Maybe it was just this set or whatever run they came from.

Before I throw in the towel I'll give the vendor the chance to make it right, as I can't see all of them looking like this or they wouldn't be selling many of them.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm beginning to wonder if the controls JP Cycles sells might not be the same thing. The price is awfully close.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
blown alcohol said:
jrehm,

sorry to hear they are not working out. I talked to a lot of people with the ebay controls, and most were not happy. Maybe cyclesuppywv might be a low cost option. I know the HD controls are expensive, but I have not heard of too many with quality problems.
I decided to go with HD chrome controls from zanotti's.
What comes in the HD chrome control kit. Is it just the brackets, or are the levers included also? I know the switch covers have to be bought separately.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts