V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of getting some chrome calipers for my 02 fatboy.I was browsing ebay and saw some good deals on aftermarket calipers.Has anyone purchased aftermarket calipers instead of harley orig. that can advise me how they compare.The orig. are twice the price.The ones i saw were from eastern performance for the set(fr & r).Could use the help.thanks

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
I can't say from experience because i haven't used any of the aftermarket calipers. I would however be wary of any cheap unproven brands. The brakes are probably the single most important piece of safety equipment on a motorcycle...you certainly don't want to go cheap (quality wise) here.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
@gree: with what he said. There are others like Performance Machine but they are even more pricey than H-D. Keep in mind you can get the H-D for at least 20% off out of state plus no sales tax. Just my thoughts...Ride Safe.

Randy

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I decided to go with Performance Machine calipers -- will be here on Monday. I think the HD brakes are "OK" at best when it comes to stopping power... I can't say I have ridden the Performance Machine's but those who have them rave about them. They're not cheap -- about $900-$1000 for FR & RR chrome.

There are also Hawg Halters, Pro One, QTM (Brembo) which seem reputable... I guess in the end it depends on how much coin you have and want to spend...

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Almost forgot...If money is no object its Harrison Billet in England. Check em' out at www.billet.co.uk Ride Safe.

Randy

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Just my -2$en#e- but have you looked into having your originals chromed?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FWIW, i ended up purchasing the calipers on ebay from eastern performance cycles.I beleive they are the ones from drag specialties.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
enrique,

how did the chrome calipers work out from eastern performance?
I seen their add for both calipers under $300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts