V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just wondering if anyone has installed the chrome brake caliper covers and what they thought of them. do they rattle?, do they hold water? are they worth it. I was thinking of getting them, they seem to dress up the caliper without having to spend alot of $$$ on chrome calipers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
One of my coworkers was going to get them put on his 03 Heritage. However, he was getting a braided line too. It turned out they didn't fit with the braided line so he got chrome calipers instead. I know that doesn't answer your question, but just a heads up if your using braided lines.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have em. They look good and no rattle. Water will get every place that it can, so a couple of extra covers is nothing. If you use a leaf blower to dry yer shitt after a wash then yer all set. Blow that bitchout. To me chrome makes a bike look good. So I would chrome just about everything that you can afford. Then you get to spend all that personal time rubben yer ride to make her SHINE. I better stop now, I'm getten hard.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gator,
I like the look, but covers on the brake calipers is not a good idea. The covers traps the heat.
If ya gotta have chrome, get the chrome calipers.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
tadams6580 said:
Gator,
I like the look, but covers on the brake calipers is not a good idea. The covers traps the heat.
If ya gotta have chrome, get the chrome calipers.
That’s only if you use them. ;) I think yer correct their Gator. I should have said that I also changed to a floating rotor and good pads. I did have a heat prob wit the stock set up. They have a very thin new rotor that was not supposed to warp. Mine did. Turned a cool yellow and blue. Made a high pitch screaming vibration that scared the shitt out of me at slow speeds. I plan on going to all chrome when I open up my ass end. So fer a stock setup I would not.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, I figured there thad to be a downside to going the cheap route. I brought them back today! Did pick up more chrome with the exchange money!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts