V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm thinking of getting chromed billet grips for my bike, those with no rubber inserts. I normally don't ride with gloves and it does'nt get cold where I come from. Was wondering if there were other issues with chromed grips, never had them before.

Any suggestions of good ones/nice looking ones out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I had billet grips on my old softail and really liked them. The look is nice and there was not an issue with comfort. On cold days they do stay cold tho.

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
my b-in-law bought them for his superglide. They look great, but the first thing I said to him was "do you know how cold those things are gonna be?" I later realized that sitting in the hot sun wasn't going to be any better. I can't speak from experience, but I don't think you'd better overlook those issues.

PS.? Singapore? Where hell are the pictures?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJW said:
my b-in-law bought them for his superglide. They look great, but the first thing I said to him was "do you know how cold those things are gonna be?" I later realized that sitting in the hot sun wasn't going to be any better. I can't speak from experience, but I don't think you'd better overlook those issues.

PS.? Singapore? Where hell are the pictures?
All,
Thanks for the reply.

What pictures do you mean?

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Digital pics of your area. As I'm sure you realize, many of us here are very snowbound and cannot ride. BTW, my opinion on chrome grips I would think sweaty hands would be a problem along with what others have posted.

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Habanero Kid said:
Digital pics of your area. As I'm sure you realize, many of us here are very snowbound and cannot ride. BTW, my opinion on chrome grips I would think sweaty hands would be a problem along with what others have posted.
Hab, that's not sweat!!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
You will rip them off your bike if you ever ride it to the Phoenix area in the summer ! About like grabbing a red hot branding iron and then trying to hang on.

Looks cool, but not on my bikes - please!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Got some on mine and the only issue I have with them is, as others have said is they can be a little slippery. I wear gloves so heat/cold isn't a problem. Even with gloves though, I find mysely repositioning my hands for a better grip on occasion.

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gunslinger said:
Got some on mine and the only issue I have with them is, as others have said is they can be a little slippery. I wear gloves so heat/cold isn't a problem. Even with gloves though, I find mysely repositioning my hands for a better grip on occasion.

Tony:cool:
Thanks all, I think I'll give them a try!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good for show but not for go! Had a set on my old bike and found that on a long ride the vibration could be a bit too much. The rubber inserts in most chrome grips at least absorb some of it and makes for a much more relaxed grip on the highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.