V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm thinking of getting chromed billet grips for my bike, those with no rubber inserts. I normally don't ride with gloves and it does'nt get cold where I come from. Was wondering if there were other issues with chromed grips, never had them before.

Any suggestions of good ones/nice looking ones out there? Thanks.

· Registered
21,644 Posts
my b-in-law bought them for his superglide. They look great, but the first thing I said to him was "do you know how cold those things are gonna be?" I later realized that sitting in the hot sun wasn't going to be any better. I can't speak from experience, but I don't think you'd better overlook those issues.

PS.? Singapore? Where hell are the pictures?

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJW said:
my b-in-law bought them for his superglide. They look great, but the first thing I said to him was "do you know how cold those things are gonna be?" I later realized that sitting in the hot sun wasn't going to be any better. I can't speak from experience, but I don't think you'd better overlook those issues.

PS.? Singapore? Where hell are the pictures?
All,
Thanks for the reply.

What pictures do you mean?

· Registered
21,644 Posts
Habanero Kid said:
Digital pics of your area. As I'm sure you realize, many of us here are very snowbound and cannot ride. BTW, my opinion on chrome grips I would think sweaty hands would be a problem along with what others have posted.
Hab, that's not sweat!!!!

· Registered
723 Posts
You will rip them off your bike if you ever ride it to the Phoenix area in the summer ! About like grabbing a red hot branding iron and then trying to hang on.

Looks cool, but not on my bikes - please!

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Got some on mine and the only issue I have with them is, as others have said is they can be a little slippery. I wear gloves so heat/cold isn't a problem. Even with gloves though, I find mysely repositioning my hands for a better grip on occasion.

Tony:cool:

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gunslinger said:
Got some on mine and the only issue I have with them is, as others have said is they can be a little slippery. I wear gloves so heat/cold isn't a problem. Even with gloves though, I find mysely repositioning my hands for a better grip on occasion.

Tony:cool:
Thanks all, I think I'll give them a try!

· Registered
53 Posts
Good for show but not for go! Had a set on my old bike and found that on a long ride the vibration could be a bit too much. The rubber inserts in most chrome grips at least absorb some of it and makes for a much more relaxed grip on the highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.