V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a Christmas ride today. 75 degrees, sunny, beautiful. :) 145 miles round trip.

Christmas, 2005
Sonoita, AZ

·
CROM ICE
132 Posts
Hey Rider, beautiful country. I took a ride out into the So. Calif. Desert about
a 120 miles round trip. It was beautiful. Around 72 degress and just perfect.
Not alot of bikers out but the ones that were all had a Smile. Oh Yes !!!!
Christmas 2005 -- couldn't be much better!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Me Too

I was by myself this Christmas..just me and the horses, barn cats, 3 dogs, and various critters that decide to come around. The horses didn't mind and the barn cats were glad to get rid of me. The doggers had their chew toys and did not mind that I wanted to leave for a few hours. So I decided to go for a scoot. It was 65 here in Denver. Warm and sunny. The mountains are covered with new snow and gorgeous. I rode around for 2 1/2 hours and one hundred miles. It was a nice relief. Lots of Bikes on the road. I put on my leathers and had the windshield on the Fat Boy and it was very nice out running at 80. Came home and fed the critters and dug into a smoked turkey I fixed. Nice day all told. Heard from the kids and grandkids so I cant complain.
DJ

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Congrats on your ride azrider. That's a great looking Dyna and nice country. Today gave me hope here in Wisconsin. Despite slushy, salty streets, I saw a guy out riding his Softail today — my only bike siting in a good long time.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
azrider said:
Took a Christmas ride today. 75 degrees, sunny, beautiful. :) 145 miles round trip.

Christmas, 2005
Sonoita, AZ
Well, going to call you on the ride today, I did about 150 myself and raise you another 200 tomorrow. We're supposed to be around 75 tomorrow. Not bad considering last Mon, Tue and Wed we had a super bad ice storm leaving 1/4" black ice on the roads and 18 degrees was the high for all three days. Got'a get 'er done tomorrow because Tuesdays high.... 45.

Enjoy!

o~\o

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
I ran until the fuel light came on, then meandered home. Might shoot out in a minute to top her up for tomorrow. Been a bit overcast and windy but with the screen on the Luxe its not too bad and the sun just popped out to say HOWDY.

Time for a run up the river!

MERRY CHRISTMAS (Boxing day here, now...)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Lucky folks, got to ride today. I might give it a shot tomorrow......should be nice outside....

Tony

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Now that sounds like a great place to be in the winter, I took a ride on Christmas eve .. 47 degrees , about 40 miles. Happy Holidays to all

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
My oldest son & I enjoyed riding in the 70 degrees weather yesterday and we are about to head out to Knucklehead's for some BBQ and then cruise. High today supposed to hit 77.

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Hope none of you guys got sunburned on your Christmas rides.^rolleyez^
The snow here is melting and might even fire up the sporty this week. (the EG is currently disassembled).
Heading to Phoenix next month for couple of days and just might have to look up some realtors!!!:yes:
Enjoy that nice winter weather!!!

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Been on the GV-Sonoita loop many times. My timing really sucks this year. Left Green Valley on the 20th to ski a few weeks in CO, just about when the weather turned really warm. I've missed some great Dec riding lately. Worse news is that I managed to get exposed to influenza (probably during the time spent in the airport or on the plane), and have had that crud for 5 days now. So, not only did I miss some great rides in southern AZ, I won't be able to ski for a while as the flu has left me pretty exhausted....crap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts