V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is more pics and info to follow, but for now i'm gonna ride!!!!!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Jay that looks cool. How does it ride? It has to be tricky at slow speeds huh? Those pipes are really nice also. What brand? Do the pipes make any noticeable difference in torque?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the kit is at www.seegercycle.com and runs about $1400. the pipes are samson 2 1/4 rip saws( www.samsonusa.com ) and are about $350. noticed minimal torque or horsepower loss, i used torque cones re jetted carb, hi-flo air cleaner. to be honest engine runs better than the day i bought it.
handling with the kit is great above 10-15 mph, below that i don't know if its the length or the rake but it will take some getting used to. the bike is now about 7'-8' long, and the front tire is visiable over the headlamp while riding.

install took 6-7 hours by myself, with two tool runs. if anyone is planning on buying one i HIGHLY reccomend saving a some extra cash i now "need" a new tank and 6 gun risers. hope my wife agrees with my newest "needs"

·
Registered
312 Posts
How hard is it to install? Is it made good? I looked at them once but i never could decide about them. Looks very cool though.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
That is pretty cool. I called Lisa over just to look at the pic. We both said "WOW!"

Hope your wife agrees with your "needs". LOL

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Damn Jay, that looks really good! Gives the sporty some "beef" Think it is going to look really good when you add that tank. Great job and thanks for the update.

Guess Misguided is next?

·
Registered
875 Posts
dprice said:

Guess Misguided is next?

I am thinking about it hard, gonna give him some more time with it and see if he has any regrets, did my final test fit on my new tank yesterday. Its time to start that ball rolling. Then there's those pipes I want, then the SE double plug heads, 1200 conversion, and cams --- so many custom parts and so little money :mad: sh1t when I am done I will have enough extra parts to build a 2nd bike :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
jay 21 said:
i now "need" a new tank and 6 gun risers. hope my wife agrees with my newest "needs"
Absolutely! It is illegal to ride a chopper with the tank you have now. You must change it to comply with the law. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the ride is great. only weird at turns from a dead stop. drove around a local mini mall to see how it would be in a parking lot with no problems just need to be attentive, but not really anymore than i am for the plain fact i'm on a motorcycle. people seem to be more curtious/aware of me now though.

with a slightly above average tool set install is cake, but a factory manual and bike jack are a must. overall the kit is extremly well built and fits as tight as a frogs a$$. unbelieveable as it is i really can't complain about their service, quality, or design except for one small thing, the riser extensions break up the flow of my 2 piece riser assembly which is why i now want 6 gun risers that won't need the extensions.

·
Registered
875 Posts
if you change your riser, which I dont see an option, what ya gonna do with your idiot lights? The dash on my new tank has three lights in it. One for generator, oil and high beam, you would use the generator light for your neutral light. You would need to put in lights for turn signal indicators.......................

Why do you need to use the riser extensions? Handle bars won't clear tank with out them? If so, then it may not be a issue with different tank. My new tank is lower profile than the oem peanut tank......and then without the speedo swinging on the bars, it gives you more clearance...........

How does your kick stand work, any reaon to put a longer kick stand on it?

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry for the delay in the answer time but i've given it thought in a few different areas, riser extensions are only necessary because the speedo on a xlc sits towards the seat and rubs the tank. side to side is only about 1/4" between tank and turn signals at full turn. here are my ideas:
1. new tank (lower height) or
a. with or w/o dash???
2.dakota digital speedo with new risers
3. deal with the spacers
3 is definately out, 2 is too much cash and 1 i can't decide if i want the dash or not. i really like the look of the stock h-d speedo.

if i add new risers i'm planning on having idiot LEDs machined into the center of each riser (neutral and oil) and deleting the rest. i want a set of grips from eurocomponents that have turn signals in the grip (www.eurocomponentsusa.com) that will get rid of the need for signal indication lights.

kickstand works but i'm planning on buying a hugger stand becase i like the lean angle on a parked bike mine sits a little to upright

·
Registered
679 Posts
Damn Jay,

That's a nice scoot. After almost 4 moths with it on, how do you like it?

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Jay 21,

Awesome man!! Looks great! Not that it needs it because it looks great with out it, but does it have the tabs to mount the front fender for those rainy days?

Jockeyshift

Nevermind, I went to the website and see that you use your own lowers.

Jockeyshift

1 - 20 of 31 Posts