V-Twin Forum banner

Chinese Army & Navy Store?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BOUTYM 
#1 ·
An Army Navy store opened here not too long ago and even though I love to browse these places I never had the time to stop in and check this one out. Well, yesterday on a whim I stopped in to see what they have. They had the usual fare, but I was noticing that a lot of the items had no branding. Upon further investigation I found everything in the place were knock offs made in China with the exception of some pea coats that were made in India (another scumbag country). Is there nothing sacred anymore???

#3 ·
Well, if nothing else the place is never busy, so maybe no one is interested in their crap. My guess would be anyone buying anything there would be kids with little cash that want to walk around thinking they look cool in fake military attire.

#5 ·
The National Rifle Association sent me a baseball cap with an American flag on it -- made in China. My Harley-Davidson leathers are made in China. The standard issue sidearm for the US Dept. of Defense is a Beretta, an Italian brand firearm, probably made somewhere in the USA from overseas contracted parts. Springfield Armory -- US National Armory -- sold the brand name to a private firm which manufactures most of its parts in Brazil.

You're probably reading this post on a Japanese laptop, or an iPhone manufactured in Taiwan or Pakistan.

#6 ·
So you just have to look harder. As for guns, there are still plenty of guns made in the USA. My leather jacket is made in the USA too.

It's not a global economy. When the guy next to you doesn't have a job, he will not buy your product or have the money for your services.

#8 ·
I agree, You have to look to find USA products, I look hard and try to when I can, somethings are impossible. Like a lap top, But somethings are a few dollars more. I spend the few more. But That is how I was raised.
A Made In AMERICA FLAG COST ME 38.00, THE USA ONE
A made in USA FLAG, "DON'T TREAD ON ME" cost me 45.00
Both are availiable for under 10.00 together on ebay. But They Fly on the farm every day.

#7 ·
Most kit that you see for sale in these places comes from Asia or Eastern Europe. It started back in the 80's when the DoD started taking bids from over-seas manufacturers. Some of the stuff is MilSpec, so if the price is right and you need an OD field jacket, buy it. You won't find a new OD jacket made in the US anymore.

#9 ·
The stuff in this store isn't DOD spec. It's all cheap knock-off items. Some of the boots for instance look like Bates from a distance, but once you get close and especially once you pick them up you can tell right away they aren't Bates. Even the people working there are Chinese.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.