V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the black elk hide lever covers with 10" fringe for the Ultra. Had my wife put them on and they are great. Nice plush feel from the elk hide compared to the deerskin. The levers are somewhat protected behind the batwing and the fringe flows gently in the breeze along with the fringe on my leather jacket ...

Nice product, quick shipping, inexpensive upgrade that gives much more enjoyment than the little bit it costs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Pics, we want pics!! If my wife had levers, I'd want to see her put covers with fringe on them:D

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Be careful with the length of the fringe. The fairing sometimes does funny things, especially when it's windy, with the fringe. There have been some people that have gotten the fringe wrapped around their hand/s, tied into knots, and had trouble getting it undone. There has been more than one accident caused by this, at least according to the Iron Braid people. Can cause problems, especially with the brake hand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed y ... thanks for the tip. They sell a 16" fringe that I could see having some problems. I don't think the 10" fringe is long enough to cause much trouble. I'll be watching it though ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts