V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
'PACKMAN'
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Chicago political machine is at it again. This time, Senator Cullerton is trying to sneak a new state-wide helmet law onto the books. There is only one senator, Gary Forby, on the Transportation Committee (that is hearing this proposal) that lives down in southern Illinois. Most of the committee members are from the northern part of the state. Luckily, I've ridden with Senator Forby many times, and he is a strong supporter of free choice.

http://www.abate-il.org

Senator John Cullerton introduced a helmet bill SB 2439

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that, during periods of traffic congestion, a person may, in a safe and prudent manner, operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles. Requires every operator and passenger on a motorcycle, motor driven vehicle, or motorized pedalcycle to wear a helmet.

Senator John J. Cullerton (D)
6th District
Majority Caucus Whip
1051 West Belmont
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 883-0770
(773) 296-0993 FAX

co-sponsor
Senator Donne E. Trotter (D)
17th District
8704 South Constance Ave.
Suite 324
Chicago, IL 60617
(773) 933-7715
(773) 933-5498 FAX

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Personally, I wear a helmet whenever I get on a bike. That being said, I'm a very strong believer that it should be my choice. The only rider that doesn't have a choice should be the passenger; she (or maybe he, if I have to be politically correct) is not the responsible party.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts