V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've placed two orders in the past from Chicago Harley and even though they give 20% off, its not worth it if it takes a month to get parts.

I just cancelled an order for a tach bracket and a braided fuel cross-over. These are parts that most dealers have in stock. They didn't have them in stock and had to order them from HD. After a week I called to check on the parts and they said they get parts every day from HD and it should only take a couple days an they'd ship them out. 3 weeks later and no parts. I called Thursday (today is Monday) and the guy said the parts were in and he would ship them that afternoon. Just called and the parts still hadn't shipped. WTF? Out of frustration I cancelled my order. Probably won't order from them again unless I have more than $500 in parts and prepared to wait a month or so.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I've never had a problem with Chicago HD. Good service, they called me to confirm a number once then shipped it right away. Sorry you didn't have the good luck I've had with them.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Have never had a problem ordering parts from them, NEVER! Rick has always been very up front when I've called. If they don't have it in stock they tell me and will usually drop ship it to my place from HD. Have waited a few days on some stuff but never over two weeks.

Same can be said for Hale's......

o~\o

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
I've never had an order from an online dealer they didnt "special order" the parts for me. Things that should be in stock in every dealership. Takes about a week to get em. Zanotti, Surdyke, Hales did it to me every time. I wasnt unhappy in the least bit, if I needed it today I would have picked it up at the local dealer.

I figured the in store inventory is tracked and proffit margins managed seperately - perhaps they finance the the stock in store, and special order internet at a different cost structure.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I've had both good and bad luck in dealing with them. I guess I've ordered from them about four times with twice the parts arriving in a very short order. The other two times took much longer (like a month) and that was after contacting them to find out what's up. One part that I ordered over four months ago I never got at all. I was going to just cancel that order but I figured they've just lost it anyway so why bother to cancel.

They do have good prices though so I keep going back.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another good source is Benjy's HD in Huntington WVA. Must call Jenny at 304-523-1340 and it is shipped right away at 20% off everything. She can tell you if in stock. If not, then the same problem as you had at Chicago. Won't cost additional shipping, but the wait can be frustrating, as apparantly they can't tell for sure what/when a dealer delivery will occur. I've had next day delivery of in stock stuff however.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ordered primed lowers from them last year, took a bit. It was after a sale and they said that might happen. Ordered painted tour pak from Benjys 3 weeks. I couldn't beleive it. I figured longer for painted parts.

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
Poor service. Even went there once when on vacation, piss poor atitudes there. Even one of the employees looked surprised at one of the other employees when he gave me a lame answer to a simple question. The items I was gonna purchase, I ended up leaving on the counter and leaving.
I work with special needs kids, and have all the patience and understanding in the world, but the two particular employees there were way out of line. Brought an extra suitcase in anticipation of bringing home HD parts, but instead ending up filling it with kids toys. Happy Ending afterall. Later on in the year, went to one of the Las Vegas HD stores...great people, nice facility. For me, its not about cost savings, the service is first and foremost in my book.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
My experiences with online HD is that I'll bet they order your stuff as needed, and do not use their in store stock.

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
391 Posts
I've only ordered from them once but got the parts in just a few days. Everything was in good shape and the correct item. No problems at all. It was a web order, I didn't speak with anyone on the phone.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
My experience is very good with CHD , the service is very correct and the price is very good. Dori helps me a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Hit or miss for me. I have used them several times and have had two orders get delayed for weeks. If you want better service, go to Jenni at Benjis as someone else suggested.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
I ordered a cam plate from them and never heard for four weeks. I cancelled and they were OK since they hadn't received the part themselves. I guess they ordered it.....don't know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've ordered 3 times with CHD. Very slow for sure. Best time to my door has been over a month. Longest time, well let's not go there. I haven't ordered anything exotic from them just simple stuff. Filters, o-rings, back rest and so on. Hales was no better. Neither has ever been super friendly either.

Just talked with Jenny @ WV HD. She is great. Great personality, happy to talk with me and get to the bottom of my part questions. I will definitely be ordering from her. Good prices. Hope she is as fast as everyone says... I like fast women.

Coop

·
Registered
116 Posts
For me hit and miss, then way out in right field. After last 25% off sale I receive 80% of my items in a timely manner. The rest after waiting 4 months I gave up and canceled remaining items.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My first and only order took about an extra week more than I expected. After several calls I must have confused them because they ended up shipping and billling my order twice. What a pain in the a$$. Typical...when everyone jumps on a good thing the increased volume will mess up the quality service. I'm dealing with Hales or Benjy from now on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.