V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is a 2002 Fatboy EFI. Went on an hour ride last night and when I got home checked the oil. Oil had foam in it. The bike has about 1300 miles on it. It still has the original oil in it(Thanks to the dealers 3 week waiting list for service).

Is this normal?:confused:

BTW, have not noticed this before.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmm... by foam do you mean a whole bunch of bubbles on the top, or do you actually mean a whitish foamy type substance that looks different from the oil?

Sometimes when I ride hard and hot my oil has a LOT of bubbles in it. No worries..

·
Registered
113 Posts
FATVETTE said:
[B It still has the original oil in it(Thanks to the dealers 3 week waiting list for service).
. [/B]
Sorry to butcher your post but you should probably pick up an oil filter and some oil and change the oil yourself, it's pretty strtaight forward and will get some of the nasty grit out of your motor..you can get the rest of the stuff later but that first oil change is crucial.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
And if you only have "bubbles" don't worry, the same happens with my Dyna Glide...

As for that first oil change, get it done as soon as possible as you want to get that metal out of there!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pick up an oil filter and some oil and change the oil yourself

I know what you are saying as I change the oil myself in all of my other vehicles. However since this was free I was going to let them do it.

Wow, can you believe it. The word free being used in reference to a Harley-Davidson dealership.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
629 Posts
FATVETTE said:
Wow, can you believe it. The word free being used in reference to a Harley-Davidson dealership.:rolleyes:
It isn't free, you know you are going to grab something off of the wall to have them install while you are there:rolleyes: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts