V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I don't even have a bike yet. Figured if I was going to cruise your forum it's only right to let you know I'm here and who I am. Going thru the Big D soon so I'm eyeballing my first HD. How old is THAT story? I'm a simple man with simple tastes, so the FXDP really speaks to me. I'll mod as required to suit my frame but nothing flashy. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm inexperienced with bikes and had considered getting a $500 beater Honda, but jumping in with both feet has worked for me this long so why whimp out now.

So maybe I'm supposed to say a little something about who I am? Instead of a lot of meaningless stats about locale, job, etc, lets just say that Freedom, personal responsibility, and integrity, and Jesus are just alright with me. I dig wrenching on old tractors and messing around with neat old battle rifles. Is that enough?

Seems like a great board. Every interest has a single central knowledge base on the internet. Have I found it?

Later,
Byron

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Hey BBFF,

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your story with us. If you seriously inexperienced with bikes, find the local Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and signup for the 3 day Beginner class. Very good instruction AND you even get to drive one of their bikes for the course!

Sounds like you have the "knack" for owning a Harley, since you will find yourself tearing it down piece by piece and adding your own finishing touches to it.

Glad you found us and we have alot of very knowledgeable members that can help you in just about any facet of motorcycling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome D. A friend and I are going to the DMV this week to get our permits then we'll sign up for the next class (probably the last until spring). Might be filled already but I'll wager I can get in as a walk-on when someone cancels. I envy the guys who grew up on bikes.

BBFF

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also would like to welcome you and say I'm glad you found this forum. I think you'll find people here (a good majority) are pretty much the way you are -- interested in keeping things simple.
Best of luck to you on getting your bike ; look forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the H-D Forum, BBFF
Hope ya injoy it as much as I do! And you get a chance to post
more than me too! I'm taking company time as I write this,
anyway DP has done an outstanding job with the forum. It has
loads of Info. And If ya can't find what your looking for just
post and someone will help ya out.

:D

Injoy The Ride, Ride Safe!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the forum. You've made a good choice becoming a member. There are some outstanding people on the forum. All willing to give a hand and advice. Post often and don't be afraid of asking questions. I am in the same boat; hoping to have my 2002 RK waiting for me in the garage, when I get back from the service. The safety course is my first priority! Enjoy. J.T.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BBFF,

As one new guy to another, welcome. I took the 3 day class and it taught me alot. I had never ridden before and bought an old $350 400cc Honda to learn on. Better to drop a piece of Cr*p than a $14,000 bike.

Looking forward to your posts.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts