V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Sporty Kid said:
I LOVE IT! :)

Keep'ere Clean It'll pay you in the long run.....
NICE Feeling ain't it? :D

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
From your pictures, it looks like your having my problem. Haven't seen the sun in three weeks. Shitty weather.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
FLHP said:
Haven't seen the sun in three weeks. Shitty weather.

Haven't seen the sun in three weeks.......
WTF is that? :confused:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D Alrighty then!! The sun will return, or it always did before......

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Let the customizing begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Actually I picked it up Wednesday and it was very cloudy and got dark early (while I was on the 60 mile trek home). Every day since then it's been sunny in the morning when I ride to work and cloudy in the afternoon (COLD all the time). Today was nice, but again got cloudy in the afternoon/evening. Some 70's and sun sure would be nice. I have almost 300 miles on it (and have taken a lot of HOT showers to thaw out) so far. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice looking ride. You'll have to get one of those small sport windshields for riding in the cold weather, getting out of the full blast of the wind will make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
AHHHHHH
VERY Nice indeed.
Congrats!!!!!!!
Are my eyes going bad or is that inspection plate mounted on the highway peg!?!?!?
Great times and good fortune be with you.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ahhh, that new bike smell. Congrats. Have you slept in the garage yet?

:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's right... inspection plate is on the highway peg. The dealership put it there.... any suggestion as to where else to put it? I wouldn't mind moving it. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyway, here's a little more information. I've had it on order for about 2 and half months or so. It was supposed to come in sometime late November but the dealership had an "extra" in October and mine was at the top of the "wish list" so the ship date was supposed to be Oct 25th. I went ahead and ordered the pipes from Calif Phil (thanks Phil!) and took them up to the dealership so they could put them on when the bike came in (along with the 1550 stage II upgrade they were going to be putting on it). But then I got a call and it actually shipped a week early! After waiting for a couple parts to come in and for all the work to be done, I picked it up on Wednesday (the day before Halloween).

So starting off it has a 1550 conversion kit, SE quick install pushrods, SE flat top pistons, SE 203 cams (seemed more to fit my way of riding than some of the bigger ones), the SE air cleaner kit, 42MM SE (Mikuni) carb, 6200 rpm ignition, and the vance & hines longshot pipes.

The dealership gave me $500 over MSRP (best I could find in the area) for the base price of the bike and gave us $8000 for our trade-in (my husband's Sportster with almost 20,000 miles on it). Yes, that's right, he traded in his bike for me. Believe me, it took him weeks to convince me to do it, but he finally did. He'll be riding my Sportster until next year (or whenever he decides he wants a new bike). He's interested in the Wide Glides but he doesn't like the 2003's at all so he's holding out for a 2004. The dealership was only supposed to give me 10% of all the part OVER $1000, but as it ended up they gave me 10% off everything. Oh, the bike also came with a security system. I didn't order it that way but it came that way and I told them it was fine and they could just leave it on there. Apparently it's an option from the factory, but all the bikes that were coming into Rocky Mount HD had them on it. <shrug> It may give me a break on insurance, so that's a plus.

Anyway, the plan is to keep MY Sportster (it's just too pretty and I just like it too much to get rid of it yet) for a while. If I decide that the upkeep isn't worth having it anymore then I will sell it but for now I'm just not ready to do that and my husband will ride it until he gets his new bike.

Other than that I've just been trying to break it in. I have almost 300 miles on it now and have been babying it along. It took about 40 miles for me to get used to it (on the way home from picking it up) and ever since it has felt very comfortable and smooth to me.

The first things I am planning to get for it is a detachable windshield (part number 57960-97) and a Mustang seat. But can't afford those just yet. I did already get the sissybar when I got the bike and I put that on yesterday. :)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!!! I remember you from the bike show at Ray's when you had "Baby Blue" up there. Hope to see ya around sometime.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey there's another bike show there this Saturday (the 9th). Haven't decided if I'm going to show Baby Blue or go RIDING if the weather is good! :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
congrats, beauticious scoot. Nice Sporty too. who's the proud owner of the gunmetal heritage?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know anything about the gunmetal one... it was just sitting there at the dealership with mine when I went to pick it up. :) But I would expect it was some HAPPY person! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts