V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought some of you may want ta try this......i bougtht a standard sensor/flood light motion detector unt, 1 12volt doorbell transformer and 2 loud alarm type bells (remote office type) and wired the transformer to the red wire in the motion unit (thats the wire that connects to the flood lights through the sensor unit) then i placed one bell where the bike is parked and one in the bedroom of my house.....when motion is detected, the flood lights come on, and the bells sound. I know that if they really want the bike, they will get it, but hey, its worth a shot.

p.s. i hooked up the same system for a buddy of mine that was having problems with his boat that was trailered in his driveway and it worked out great.....

hope that this helps somebody out...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hope you don't enjoy sleep!Everything sets off my motion detecter,I even have it set at least sensitive.Wind, cats, raccoons, leaves, the lights are always coming on.thank god it's only hooked up to flood lights.I couldn't imagine having it hooked up to sirens & doorbells.Well good luck.:cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i should have told you that i mounted the sensor unit in the garage where the bike is parked......with an over-ride switch located in the house....the only thing that sets it off is my wife when she goes in there to do the laundry and she forgets to turn the over-ride switch off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
O.K. thats different.I definitly think it would scare off intruders.
I live in N.Y.C. and I ride my bike to work everyday weather permitting.
I have the factory alarm with the siren kit.I also use a kryptonite caliper lock & a kryptonite 6' cable lock. I still know if they want it bad enough they'll get it. But I bought it to ride & thats what I'm gonna do. Also thats what insurance is for.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I am thinking about one of those cheesy wirless cameras that always pop up on your computer screen.........$80 for the camera and dewhickey that makes the vcr record doesn't seem to bad. I like what you did with the motion detector! Good idea :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"cheesey camera"

yeah, I saw those too.....I figured that the lights and the (loud) bells would wake me, my wife, my dog and my neighbors up in time to "do something" if the bastard hasn't already taken off. I felt that the camara would only show me how nice my bike looks while moving....(lol)...

btw....as i'm writing this i'm woundering if this could be an insurance deduction?...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts