V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Roadking police. While driving at night the lights go from normal brightness to a lower brightness back and forth while above 2000 rpm. been doing this for awhile. Now the check engine and battery indicator comes on sometimes. I'm thinking a regulator going bad. What ya'll think?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
2005 Roadking police. While driving at night the lights go from normal brightness to a lower brightness back and forth while above 2000 rpm. been doing this for awhile. Now the check engine and battery indicator comes on sometimes. I'm thinking a regulator going bad. What ya'll think?
Could be, might check all lighting system connections especially the ground.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the battery, solenoid, and starter connections. My accent lights do the same and they are hooked straight to the battery. Just wanting to know if someone else has had this same problem before I start diggin in.

·
Banned
2 Posts
The halogen tail light is typically a bulb in a housing with a red plastic reflective cover over the top. The reason for this is because the bulb will evenly disperse light in every direction and we don't want that. Most of the cars we want to alert to our presence are cars behind us.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
A couple years ago I had that going on my 2000 FXST. It turned out to be the stator. It can also be caused by the regulator by in order for you to know which it is your unfortunately going to have to get into testing it out.

Heres a site which may help you out,

http://sjhr.org/articles/repair01.htm

Dare

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
A couple years ago I had that going on my 2000 FXST. It turned out to be the stator. It can also be caused by the regulator by in order for you to know which it is your unfortunately going to have to get into testing it out.

Heres a site which may help you out,

http://sjhr.org/articles/repair01.htm

Dare
@gree: and that is the way it is :whistle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts