V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Thanks for the pic, waren. I do have a question though.....what are the question marks for? Are you unsure about something?LOL

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
You're in Hawaii. What the fruck do ya need chaps for?:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fourhour said:
You're in Hawaii. What the fruck do ya need chaps for?:D
That run was on Kauai, the wettest place on earth, and it had rained a little earlier.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Hawaii would be the last place I have associated chaps with!:D

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
ok, ladies, I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of Chaps,for the OL. I looked at HD's stuff, and they have some that are pretty expensive, and some that are REALLY expensive. I would guess she would perfer the HD's but I just want to make sure she gets a quality pair for the cost. Any ideas? (christmas gift - so i'm winging it on sizes)

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I picked mine up at an indy shop. $89. Unlined and with one pocket. You trim the length, as there are 4 snaps on the bottom. I think you can get a lined pair for about $125. Call around, a lot of shops have them. Sorry , No bar and shield on them tho...:rolleyes:

Or I could say.... since yer a 315'er. Y'all could make a per outta yer weekly take o' roadkill.... Haaaahahahaaaaaaahahahah (jus kiddin):D

If ya hunt tho, I'm seriously thinkin about making a pair outta a couple deer hides... IF ... I get a couple deer big enough that is. Just a thought.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DJW said:
ok, ladies, I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of Chaps,for the OL. I looked at HD's stuff, and they have some that are pretty expensive, and some that are REALLY expensive. I would guess she would perfer the HD's but I just want to make sure she gets a quality pair for the cost. Any ideas? (ch
ristmas gift - so i'm winging it on sizes)
Funny you should ask, I'v never done this before, but I just checked e-bay for a flying helmet before I pulled this up, I went to "Apparel" motorcycle shytt. lots of chaps around the $50 price, you may want to check it out.
Aloha

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
US Ranger, checked out the site and they seem like pretty good stuff, i really like the idea that they're made in the US. Do you remember if they shipped fairly quickly?

deb, do you know which one you got, lined/unlined? Being from Minn. I think you got the inside scoop on what the weather is like here.

Habanerro, you know us 315'ers, once we get done eating the roadkill there's not much left.

NZHD, I did consider that, but I don't think she would go for used chaps for xmas. Now if they were for me, hell yeah.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
They are unlined but thicker leather than most I've looked at. I don't ride when it gets really cold so they work fine for me. I need a new jacket, that is my problem. My jacket isn't warm enough.

·
Registered
428 Posts
DJW - I've ordered several times from them - chaps and vests for wife and I. Most of the time they were quick. if it was during rally season, it might take a few weeks. If in stock, no problem. I did phone orders each time.

You mentioned lined vs unlined to someone - I might be wrong,but the lined ones I found werent necessarily for wind/cold protection, but so the leather didn't "cling" to your jeans and kind of bind up on your legs. Mine are unlined and I haven't had any problems. If someone didn't have any lining between the chaps and their legs, might not be as comfortable.

;)

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Thanx US Ranger, I hadn't thought of that because I've never owned a pair.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
ginger said:
well, now, wasn't that disgusting to read on a full stomach

WTF R Chaps?

Does ANYONE here remember "Slicks"?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts