V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 91 FXRT and want to put a set of black lightningstar wheels on it. I can find them on ebay for about half price but, they are listed for 04 and later dynas.

I am assuming that the difference between the 04 Dyna wheels and the wheels for a 84-99 FXR and Dyna is the inside diameter of the wheel bearings and that the outside diameter of the wheel bearings is the same. Does anyone know if the 04 Dyna wheels will work on my 91 FXRT once I change out the bearings and seals?

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
I don't know the answer to this question 100 percent but I can let you know that the axles are different also.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I know the axles are a different diameter. If that is the only difference, changing the bearings and seals would allow me to mount them on my 91. What I don't know is if the width of the front hubs has been changed. If the hubs are wider, they wouldn't fit on my narrow glide front end. Just trying to save some money, for a change, on Harley parts. Old Goat

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bearing it self is different I think you have a caged bearing and the '04 is a sealed bearing. As long as you can get a sealed bearing that will accept your axle you can make it work.

Ric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts