V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about changing to those clear TS lenses w/ amber bulbs. Have found the direct replacement 1157/1156 amber bulbs, and the LED bulbs. My question is this: will either one of these bulb selctions work without any other modifcations? I have a feeling the LEDs will not work w/ the security system. How about it?
twincamzz

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
The system on 02'and later flhtc's is designed to monitor the current of turn signaling circuits and alert the rider if there is trouble.When the systems current is changed due to more or less bulbs or After unpluging a trailer light connecter, the bikes turn signals will flash real fast on both sides after the 4th flash. Canceling and self-canceling still works but it drives you nuts. The fast flash is the alert method. The system is operating normal. The fast flash will correct itself after 50 start-ups. Or you can clear the on-board computers fault codes (and return the signals to normal)by invoking the TSM (turn signal module)code diagnostics. see pg 3-20 of 2002 H-D electircal diagnostic manual for touring models. Your new bulbs may or may not cause this problem, but the info might be good to know. I like to pull touring trailer (behind the bike) when the wife and I go camping. Every time I disconnect the trailer lights iI have to reset the fault codes.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There are a number of load equalizers on the market that should take care of the problem, like the ones sold either by Kuryakyn or Badlands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts