V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on the correct procedure for putting in a new base map on the Tmax. I have one in now but want to try a diiferent one. Actually, it is a newer version of the one I am using. I'm not sure if re-initializing is the way to go or if something needs to be done before just rewriting over the old map. I have gone on Zippers site but most of the pages are "under construction". If anyone knows the correct procedure or has any documentation listing the procedure, I would greatly appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
What I have done is:

1. Load new base map
2. Clear offsets
3. re-initialize (30 on/off times 3)
4. start bike and let idle to 289 degrees
5. enjoy!

Remember, run the bike on this map for >500 miles to let it tune itself to perfection.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Ah yes, good catch! Yes clear the IAC offsets too.

I would not run the AUTO-IAC function. Just start the bike and let it idle until 289 degrees then shut it off. There is new documentation out there now that tells us not to run the AUTO-IAC function and let the AT module do it automatically.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
rollover said:
Anyone have any info on the correct procedure for putting in a new base map on the Tmax. I have one in now but want to try a diiferent one. Actually, it is a newer version of the one I am using. I'm not sure if re-initializing is the way to go or if something needs to be done before just rewriting over the old map. I have gone on Zippers site but most of the pages are "under construction". If anyone knows the correct procedure or has any documentation listing the procedure, I would greatly appreciate the .
Go to thunder-max.com and you can download a complete instruction manual there. /click on instructions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts