V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to pay $150 for a Stage I remap. All I'm interested in is raising the rev. limiter. Anyone know if there is a place that I could send my ECM to have the rev limit reprogrammed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
It's the map that determines the rev limit. You quit supplying fuel at 5800 rpm, or kill the ignition pulse, and the motor quits revving faster. If you increase the RPM limit for the ignition cutoff, and don't give it any fuel above the stock rpm, it still won't go any faster. The fuel and ignition maps are entertwined. To increase the rev limit, you have to install a new fuel/ignition map, IE Reflash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
michael101 said:
I really don't want to pay $150 for a Stage I remap. All I'm interested in is raising the rev. limiter. Anyone know if there is a place that I could send my ECM to have the rev limit reprogrammed?
Add another $200 to the $150, save yourself a bunch of headaches and just get a SERT to begin with. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AustinFXDWG said:
It's the map that determines the rev limit. You quit supplying fuel at 5800 rpm, or kill the ignition pulse, and the motor quits revving faster. If you increase the RPM limit for the ignition cutoff, and don't give it any fuel above the stock rpm, it still won't go any faster. The fuel and ignition maps are entertwined. To increase the rev limit, you have to install a new fuel/ignition map, IE Reflash.
Ahh...I see....thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Krayven Sumhead said:
Add another $200 to the $150, save yourself a bunch of headaches and just get a SERT to begin with. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.....
Yep, guess that's what I'll do...
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top