V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna gear my dyna down. i have a pulley.. looks like i have to take half the bike apart--it was a snap on the buell.

any comments or instructions. I have the shop manual and it doesnt seem to have a breakdown of what comes off to get at the pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Yep, almost half the bike......primary cover......guts........loosen the starter mounting bolts.......inner primary.....don't forget to disconnect the battery...........and what about the long socket for the nut?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I just got done putting my primary back together Saturday. Not awful, but tedious. Don't touch clutch, with primary off. I had to open up clutch relase and play with my balls.
I ordered cometic gasket. Not sure if there better, but the gasket between inner and outer was sure beefier. stayed in palce.

Also need a 1 1/4? have to look for engine comp nut. That was a bit of a search in 1/2 drive. Mcmaster Carr has best price. I ended up getting impact grade. Mine came off failrly easy some guys 5' bars and still no go.

So doable. Myself, I would rather wait until next year. But could be done in a dilligent weekend, maybe. Atleast at my speed. pro 6 hours??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts