V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of replacing stock tank panel with aftermarket leather panel with pouch . How hard is it to change these. How does it attach up near the tank console ?

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It is simply pinched under the tank console.......about as hard as removing and reinstalling your seat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced mine, The bottom screw is accessed by removing seat, as far as top of panel, it just slips under tank console. Using 1/2" wrench loosen top acorn nut near speedometer, no need to take off entirely. You can now move console enough to slip panel under. I went with Harley Skull Leather panel on my Night Train.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just did this last night. I too added the skull panel to my 2000 night train. The only thing I'm not happy with (this is real picky), is the panel angles into the instrument panel which dosnt conceal the ends of the weather stripping that the orginal did. Installation is a cinch, and it looks great too.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I changed mine also, went with a Ness chrome piece, I will say this, it looks good but sometimes the sun hits it just right going down the highway and it blinds you.

·
Registered
337 Posts
SDA, I bought the same piece that matches my dash as well. My complaint is that the fu*king thing is plastic!!! Scracthes way to easy and i am now going to replace both of the peices with chrome (metal). Was annoyed when i realized what it was made of.
Paul

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Leather Skull panel looks look on my FXST. Easy to install and much better looking than that plastic piece of chit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts