V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 05 heritage, and the previous owner installed 2 1/2" pullback risers. How difficult is it to swap out risers. I want to go back to stock risers.
What is the part# for the stock risers.

·
Registered
755 Posts
sorry, can't help you with the part number. but i can tell you that the riser swap was very easy on my 2004 fatboy.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Easy to do Blown.
1. Cover your tank with at least two layers of a towel.
2. Lossen the riser bolts under the top tripple tree. This is easier to do with the handle bars still on to hold the front end. Do not remove them, just lossen them.
3. Remove the 4 clamp screws that hold on the handle bars. A second set of hands help here to hold the bars while you remove the clamp.
4. Lay the handlebars down out of the way.
5. Remove the riser bolts from the bottom of the top triple tree and take the risers off.
6. Install the new risers. Leave the bolts a little loose so the angle of the notch can be adjusted to the bars.
7. Install the bars in the risers and replace the clamp. Tighten the bolts down evenly so there is an equal gap between the top clamp and the risers front to back. Second set of hands helps here also.
8. Tighten the riser bolts down.
Good reason to have the parts book, so you can look up the part number. Can not help you with that. Sorry.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not sure if you can get to the riser bolts on a Heritage without doing this after step 1:

1a) You'll need to remove the rear upper fork covers. They are held on by 3 screws...1 on the upper rear and two on the side of the each cover.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I can on mine but it is tight. Step 1a would make it easier, but on mine the windsheild comes off when you do that. "93 old school bike. Not one of these new fanggled quick release systems. :crying:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Blown,

Once you get the stock risers off, let me know. I just replaced my stock risers with some Deluxe risers so I have a set of 04 Heritage stock ones available (with the handlebar clamp and set screws) that should fit yours. $30 shipped from GA.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you buy risers from Shutterbug, Let me know how much you want for the
one's you are removing.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ssgjwarren, when I change the bars or just the risers I will let you know.

Shutterbug, that is a good deal. They are $26.50 a piece from dealer. I started thinking about wild1 drag bars. $53 just for risers. I can get WO501 for $169 with internal wiring for cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
blown alcohol said:
ssgjwarren, when I change the bars or just the risers I will let you know.

Shutterbug, that is a good deal. They are $26.50 a piece from dealer. I started thinking about wild1 drag bars. $53 just for risers. I can get WO501 for $169 with internal wiring for cleaner look.
Just PM me if you want to get them and I'll have them boxed and ready to go. They're in excellent condition, and will include everything you need to just bolt them on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jobuzz

Littlebear, I have a Heritage Softail Classic-FLS. I won't to change the stock risers with 6" pull back risers. Do you think I will need to change the clutch and throttle cables. I'm almost shore I will have to change the break line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts