V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between now and spring I am changing my bars from Wild1 500's to Wild1 560's and do some other stuff. All the control connections are too short so there are things to do. The 560 bars touch the speedometer bezel at full rotation so I need to make some short spacers. I want to swap out the oil tank too.

This is gonna take a while.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I took off the stock Night Train risers and replaced them with a set of 4 1/2 inch risers from a Softail Standard. I had to build a set of 3/4 inch spacers from aluminum plate to keep from hitting the gas cap.I had to also get longer riser bolts, worked great for me.
Nicky

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am changing my 2006 softail standard bars to drag bars. The drag bar comes with cables turn signal relocation brakets and spice parts. any tips. I read somthing about a switch that can be broken in the brake control. hard as hell to fix if broken. Just looking for pointers.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the 3rd set of Wild 1 bars for me on this bike. First time I have to stretch everything. First time for a wire lacing in the bars. You can break the brake light switch if you assemble it incorrectly. I've had mine off a number of times now. Be careful and you will be fine. Do nothing without a service manual.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
machinist said:
Between now and spring I am changing my bars from Wild1 500's to Wild1 560's and do some other stuff.
What was wrong with the 500's? Gonna sell it? :) i'd be interested...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is nothing wrong with the 500's. Its just me searching for a little comfort on longer rides. I knew going in that the Train was going to be a stretch for me. I am a normal 5'10. My 6'7 son fits the stock Train setup fine.
Plus I put on a Mustang solo which shifts the butt back a little. I ride with my elbows locked and a slight forward pitch. The 560's ought to let me relax a little.

I will most likely put the 500's on ebay in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to space the bars up so I made a pair of 1" rise ss spacers for them. I took the tank off today and found there was slack in the handlebar harnesses doubled up on the frame. There is more then enough to handle the left and its close on the right. I have MagnumShielding cables coming and a brake hose to figure out yet. The rubber tank seal on the front has 2 retaining clips locating it. One was so corroded it had failed.

Anyone ever tried a small stainless steel hydraulic coupling in the middle of the crossover hose?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts