V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to change the kickstand on a '99 wideglide. Bought of of those Sears aluminum jacks (needed one anyway) but can't get the jack under the bike without blocking the kickstand itself.

Anyone replaced one of these stands and, if so, how did you do it? Have someone hold the bike upright?

About raising the bike, can these be jacked under the oil pan? Both supports of the jackstand do not hit the frame correctly. Thanks

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boogieman, Stopped at the Harley store. They had a set for about $22 and they work great!! :thanks:

·
Registered
394 Posts
bike lift probs

So, not to hi-jack, but i had to modify my non H-D lift to even fit under my bike. I don't think i have enough space for the H-D adapter kit for dyna's, anyone got any other ways of getting around hitting the "protector" for the tranny pan?

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
jacobhaugh said:
Just get two foot-long pieces of 2x8 and put one in front of each tire, then roll your bike onto them. Voila, 2" more clearance!
I use 2X1's2 but same concept!!:thumbsup:

o~\o

·
Registered
43 Posts
jacobhaugh said:
Just get two foot-long pieces of 2x8 and put one in front of each tire, then roll your bike onto them. Voila, 2" more clearance!
I must've done something wrong. When I tried this, I got 8" more clearance...^rolleyez^

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
and then fell over......

For the Dynas you must use the adapters or you will be putting the weight of the bike on the oil sump housing. Hell of a design to make it lower than the frame. I went so far as to make a couple of platforms out of 2x4s and plywood.

each platform:
2x4x18 3 ea
12x18 plywood to cover top of 2x4s when side by side
nail the plywood on the 2x4s
Make 2 of these
Please them in front of your tires and roll the bike up on the platforms
Have another 2x4 for the kickstand
It's still a 2 person job to be on the safe side
One person stands the bike up, rolls it onto the platforms (I need a little push for this step too), and then makes adjustments (lean) while the other person slides the lift under the frame.

Works well for me.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

1 - 9 of 9 Posts