V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know about a price increase for '06? Also heard rumors of big name entertainment like the Chip. Any info appreciated.
AP

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Here are some rumored to be there so far:

Aerosmith, Foghat, Steppenwolf, REO, Georiga Satellites, Shooter Jennings, Big & Rich

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Yea it does appear to be currently worthless, but as it got closer last year more information appeared on their site. Maybe not this year who knows.
Could always call and see if they know anything but chances are no since it is still early.
Good luck and enjoy Sturgis.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Don't know about Glencoe but Skynryd is opening for Gretchen Wilson and Thorogood is playing too.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
People have been talking about this on some of the Sturgis sites. Someone said armbands will be $250 to $300 depending on the bands they get to play. I guess tomorrow is the day they start taking reservations so maybe they will update their website at the same time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been told it's $250.00.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, is the 250 bucks for the wrist band that gets you into see a bunch of old has been bands from the 60's and 70's ? I hope they still have the 125 bucks a person camping only pass, heck, I can see free music over at the Full Throttle. It's not like the owners of Glencoe were not already making a tidy profit.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
cwo2lt said:
...but Skynryd is opening for Gretchen Wilson ....
I'd like to play with Gretchen Wilson too:brows: :brows: :brows:

:hystria: :hystria: :hystria:

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Here is a fax from Glencoe that someone received and posted on another board:

Sunday August 6
Big and Rich
Shooter Jennings, Waylon'son
CC Ragweed
one more top name to be added

Monday August 7
Steve Miller
Fabulous Thunderbirds
Greg Rollie of Santana
two more top names to be added

Tuesday August 8
Credence Clearwater Revisited
REO Speedwagon
two more top names to be added

Wednesday August 9
Aerosmith
Deep Purple
Foghat
Georgia Satellites

Thursday August 10
Steppenwolf
three more top names to be added

btw....the word right now is $300 for the 15 day period

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, unless they have a regular old just camping pass for $125 or so it looks like we'll be staying next door at Lamphere. I guarantee you there will be a lot of oldtime regulars camping elsewhere. Now if they were to line up 5-6 nights of top name blues artists I might buy it, but REO, Foghat, Steppenwolf, not even the original lineups, with the exception of Aerosmith these are bands you get to see included with your $7 to get into the county fair.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The $125.00 camping pass of last year will be $250.00, whether you want to see the bands or not, as I understand it.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
More info posted on another board:

Ticket prices for day passes to the concerts will be either $50 or $60, depending on who is playing.
Camping fee per person for the fifteen day period is $300, which includes access to all concerts. No visitor passes this year.

·
Registered
227 Posts
From $125 to $300! See, that makes it a hard choice to stay there. Are any of those non-original line-up bands even any good? Even if they are, we really do get stuff like this at the fair for a few bucks. I understand they have to pay for their overhead.

Next question:
Suppose I'm not really into the tunes, and can only stay 5 or 6 nights. All I really want to do is camp out, drink a beer, and check out the "alley". Suggestions?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just checked the Buffalo Chip site. Looks like $155 for tent camping and concerts?

So those going for the bands are looking at the Chip for $155 versus Glencoe for $300? Those of us wanting to see the "alley" have to pay $300 up from $125? Just making sure I understand this. I enjoyed Glencoe last year (first time) but now I'm not sure...:huh:

What about the Lamphere? I guess that's the one next door to Glencoe. We need to get an "alley" started over there...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The change may just well shut down the "alley". After talking with many people I believe that Glencoe may take a waxing on this if they are planning on jacking the camping to 250-300 bucks.
Lamphere, right next door, 15 bucks a night with a 3 night minimum, or 20 bucks for 1 night, and you can still walk to Full Throttle.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Antonio Pendejo said:
Dang, unless they have a regular old just camping pass for $125 or so it looks like we'll be staying next door at Lamphere. I guarantee you there will be a lot of oldtime regulars camping elsewhere. Now if they were to line up 5-6 nights of top name blues artists I might buy it, but REO, Foghat, Steppenwolf, not even the original lineups, with the exception of Aerosmith these are bands you get to see included with your $7 to get into the county fair.
I opened (acoustic country single) for Foghat in a 100-seat (and that's being generous!) bar in Ford City near Pittsburgh in the late 80s. They were has-beens then.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
ya know, not sure if glencoe really gives a crap or not, but i am thinking that they will be losing there long term, long time customers that they have had, and with even the guest tickets skyrocketing from 50-60 bucks, from 10 bucks a night for titty alley they will see a huge difference in guests

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think you're right Ginger. Most likely the owners believe they will cash in on the big name concert dollars. Having made the investment in the stage, they have to make as much as they can to recover the investment. However, instead of offering "home grown" entertainment, they will be competing directly with the Chip in terms of concerts. So now the question will be, who's going to Glencoe concerts for $300 as opposed to Chip concerts for $155. Those numbers just don't add up to well in favor of Glencoe.

Add to that, the loss of us campers who don't want the bands, just the "alley". I'll be keeping an ear to the ground this summer. My guess is a new "alley" crowd will form somewhere else. Look at the price difference between Glencoe and Lamphere for example. Basically, the same location....................................who's with me!?:cheers:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts