V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Free Idears Available
2,172 Posts
Just curious...specifically what additives are you saying Redline doesn't have and where can I find the information?

· Free Idears Available
2,172 Posts
Blah blah blah blah....I'm stickin with Redline in all three places.

I just love getting the facts from those reknowned oil experts Mr. "I was told...." and Dr. "I've heard...."

· Free Idears Available
2,172 Posts
Based purely on cost you would be best off going with used oil from your neighbors Winnebago.

I draw the exact opposite conclusion for someone who only changes yearly. Changing all 3 fluids takes a grand total of about 5 quarts in a Softail. Redline products (or pick any good synthetic), which I trust to continue to protect my bike, even if it gets very hot, much more than any dyno oil are maybe an extra $4 a quart. $20 a year is cheap insurance. Anything over 2000 miles a year and you are at less than a penny a mile.

If the bike gets hot in June and you cook the dyno oil, you would be running less effective oil for the entire rest of the season.

I don't see synthetics as a way to extend change intervals (they get dirty just as fast)....I see them as more likely to protect the bike for the entire interval than dyno oils.

· Free Idears Available
2,172 Posts
As long as you have him somehow convinced to run 93 octane in his motorhome....I see no problem with your plan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.