V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interesting in getting a set opf these mufflers. The HD dealer want $650.
Does anyone know of a reasonable place to buy them.
Have anyone tried them and what was you feed back.
Marsh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cfr good luck

Beware of these things, They are a total mess to tune, I have an 09 SG with a 103 stage 4 Screaming eagle kit, 260 cam larger injectors, heads, etc. I used the stock head pipe and the [email protected] monster ovals and made 112hp 107 tq. bike ran flawless, bought these mufflers because they sound cool and look even better (loud as ****) installed them and put it back on the dyno, 22 hours later they still were a disaster! Had a really bad off idle stumble that we could not get rid of, and power was down all over the curve, we did the smart tune etc. Called CFR and spoke with Cary nice guy and really tried to help, after trying all he suggested we sent the mufflers back to him and he said that they were ok and sent them back! then I tried the [email protected] power duals head pipe same ****, off idle stumble bad!! took them off put Monster ovals back on and problem gone, Now I have the [email protected] high out put mufflers, not as loud but louder than Monster ovals, and power went up 119HP 112 TQ
I have been told if the bike is stock or small cam they work ok, if the cam is large and has overlap these things just kill exhaust pulse and that is it, there were a couple guys on here that exsperianced the same thing, but I will say the quality and service are great but buyer beware, but they sounded great LOUD [email protected] high outputs are cheaper as well

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brett, that is disapointed.
Marsh

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Yup, they are a very free flowing pipe designed for the vrods. Sounds about the best i have heard but give a huge tq dip under 3k rpms.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disappointing.
Marsh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts