V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ultra. I bought it used last year. Last summer (my first with this bike) I got a lot of heat radiating up from the back of the engine. I just had the stage 1 95" kit installed.
I have read what I could find on ceramic coating and have decided to have my stock headers coated to reduce the heat from the rear cross over. I am not a hot rodder, but do not want to loose any of the bottom end (where I spend most of my time) by going to a true dual header.
Those who have had their header ceramic coated: are there any particular suggestions or things to watch for? I have looked around and decided to give Performance Coatings a try.

Any advice will be appreciated as this is a new venture for me.

Thanks,

Ken

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
kvan said:
I have a 2000 Ultra. I bought it used last year. Last summer (my first with this bike) I got a lot of heat radiating up from the back of the engine. I just had the stage 1 95" kit installed.
I have read what I could find on ceramic coating and have decided to have my stock headers coated to reduce the heat from the rear cross over. I am not a hot rodder, but do not want to loose any of the bottom end (where I spend most of my time) by going to a true dual header.
Those who have had their header ceramic coated: are there any particular suggestions or things to watch for? I have looked around and decided to give Performance Coatings a try.

Any advice will be appreciated as this is a new venture for me.

Thanks,

Ken
Ken,

These people are a lot closer to you.

http://www.jcmmachine.com/

Bill

·
Registered
152 Posts
Chris
Where are they in Pa.? Need the address for Jet-Hot.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Beaten to the punch again. Thanks wkohn. 95BadBoy, I used the website to get in touch with them. It has some good pics and info. My only advice is that if I were to do it all over again, I would have them only treat the outside of my muffler. Treating the inside reduces the inner diameter by just enough to cause problems. I pulled my baffles before I sent the pipes to them. Getting them back in once I got the pipes back was more work than I bargained for. I know that I will probably never be able to get that baffle out again.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Lunker said:
Beaten to the punch again. Thanks wkohn. 95BadBoy, I used the website to get in touch with them. It has some good pics and info. My only advice is that if I were to do it all over again, I would have them only treat the outside of my muffler. Treating the inside reduces the inner diameter by just enough to cause problems. I pulled my baffles before I sent the pipes to them. Getting them back in once I got the pipes back was more work than I bargained for. I know that I will probably never be able to get that baffle out again.
Consider yourself blessed that you got them back in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks. I don't think they are to far from me. Will call them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.