V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cheaper to smoke crack!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided on my build and forum vendor for the kit, now I need an indie to help out. I live in Killeen/Fort Hood which is between Austin and Waco. No luck with shops in my area, most just use the Harley dealership. Someone on this forum mentioned Hog Alley in Georgetown, that is close but I know nothing about them. Can anyone give me a recommendation?

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
ocdmachine said:
Decided on my build and forum vendor for the kit, now I need an indie to help out. I live in Killeen/Fort Hood which is between Austin and Waco. No luck with shops in my area, most just use the Harley dealership. Someone on this forum mentioned Hog Alley in Georgetown, that is close but I know nothing about them. Can anyone give me a recommendation?
I've used HA in G'town for uncomplicated stuff and been happy in the past. I never went to them for serious engine work. Unfortunately, Ken, their long-time service manager, passed away quite some time back and I'm not sure they've recovered.

Recently, a friend had a sensor code showing up and they diagnosed and fixed it easily and at a reasonable cost. However, another friend took his Wide Glide in two to three months ago for what he thought was a shifter shaft seal leak. They put in three seals before they decided that wasn't the problem. Then they went the dye test route and decided it's a crack in the inner primary. That's been awhile and the bike is still there. I'd find that completely unacceptable.

I assume Kay's won't do what you need? I'm not sure what I'd do if I needed serious engine work outside of my warranty.

·
Cheaper to smoke crack!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trooper113 said:
I assume Kay's won't do what you need? I'm not sure what I'd do if I needed serious engine work outside of my warranty.
I thought of them but have heard too many folks say similar stuff, OK for basic work but nothing complicated. I had them tune my PC after they got their dyno and noticed no difference whatsoever, other that less $$$ in my wallet. Maybe it was dialed in pretty good already, don't know.

Another member receommended Piper Performance in North Richland Hills (DFW area). I may go that route since I have family in the Arlington area, I can use that excuse but was hoping to find someone closer to home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts